Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 20-03-2017 06:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
gigahertz
First Poster
Options
i think they vanished when the muffled sound issue got fixed but now they're back.

Either way, the back speakers are still far too quiet even when turned right up.
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Good point Robbienobs... They're explaining it to us as if we weren't already inimately familer with these screens. I've seen and used those screens litarally 100 times over the past 8 months. 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

No... they have been there all along.  

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Nope have always been there through each update........ Same on the tv 

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Nope have always been there through each update........ Same on the tv 

Hi Rob,

Not sure if the reply was ment for me, but in the app (not Group settings), I'm able to adjust the volume perfectly and the soundbar/r1 ratio is just perfect. I even had to turn the R1's abit lower than the soundbar. Screenshot_20170320-165026.png

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Tovle... Looks like you may be playing audio from your phone? The issues happen while using the system as a 5.1 setup from the TV/Soundbar. My understanding is the sound works fine when just playing audio through the app.

Also, from your screenshot it looks like you just have a standard speaker group set and not a Suround sound group.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Tovie 

Just clarifying that the volume screen shots displayed by Samsung are nothing new. 

The issue relates to rear speakers when connected in surround mode for 5.1 viewing, not when simply grouped for playback of music etc

Thanks

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
AntS

Can we have some further comment please.

As confirmed this is old hat information and we have confirmed some time ago this does nothing to resolve the issues; this is what our current conversation is based on........... The failure of the firmware update you are still telling us resolves the issues.

Same issues........... Volume is set to plus 6 for both rears and minus 6 for soundbar, but still can't hear rears over soundbar.

Totally understand how everything is working and the global volume workings, but the firmware update has not worked.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
I really cannot believe you have posted this........ I am completely at the end of my tether now!!

We don't hear from Moderators for weeks then you perk up with self preservation essays, clarifications on your remit, and sarcastic comments aimed at Samsung customers........... And then the cherry on the cake is you haven't read any of the last posts correctly, or you would know we have installed this UPDATE, and TESTED, and reported its FAILED,....... Again.

CAN I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO PAGE 43 AND HAVE READ!
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just received the below from Samsung Head office regarding the last failed update;

"After further discussion and testing by our AV department, I can advise that the update has been witnessed as making a suitable difference to the overall volume levels, when grouped in Soundbar or Surround mode.

This has been deemed as working to specification and no further adjustments to the setup will be necessary. Please ensure that the arrangement is in Soundbar or Surround mode and I trust that this will make a change to the levels noted previously"

Unbelievable........ 

0 Likes