Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 03-03-2017 07:18 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
I want to know why samsung created this community but find it so hard to actually write anything on it! It would be nice to not be left in the dark
0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

I agree with your comments JCFARROW,  as an interim fix it looks as though I'll need to use the "bodge"

I'll go out and buy an optical cable, in the meantime how did you set up your rear surround R1s to get the best out of them through the TV? 

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options
In the meantime I'll use your suggested "frig" DazzaP

I'm now about to explain my problem to a Samsung authorised repair centre, they will pass my email onto Samsung customer care (UK). I will see what reply comes back and then add anything useful on here since the Samsung moderators do not seem to be able to keep us up to date with progress.

If I don't have any success that way I've decided I will then take my soundbar and R1s into the service and repair centre (I'm not about to pull a 65" TV off the wall and transport it) to see of they can get it to work through their Samsung 7000/8000 TV. If they can't get it to work, I'll get the Currys/PC World rep to use his 7000/8000 Hw-k650 and R1s in the shop to try and prove multiroom works through the TV.

If it still doesn't work and there's no firm date for a firmware update to provide a fix, reluctantly £3000 of Samsung gear will need to be returned I'm afraid.
DazzaP
Student
Options
With the soundbar connected via the optical and it plus the rears on the same (dedicated) wifi channel, I simply grouped them via the app. From the app the sound level of all three can be individually adjusted in the Surround Setup in the app. I see the rears marginally louder than the soundbar to balance the sound and it seems to work fine.

It's DazzaP, by the way... :oD
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Sounds good - I eagerly await your feedback!!
0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options
Yes I noticed that after I hit send apologies DazzaP, I

will like many others on here, reluctantly grab my big coat, flip flops and shorts!

Thanks for the info, I'll set it up tonight as an interim "fix"
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
DazzaP - any chance of a quick run down on how I go about setting up this frig? I have optical cable at the ready.
0 Likes
DazzaP
Student
Options

With the soundbar connected via the optical and it plus the rears on the same (dedicated) wifi channel, I simply grouped them via the app. From the app the sound level of all three can be individually adjusted in the Surround Setup in the app. I see the rears marginally louder than the soundbar to balance the sound and it seems to work fine.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

thanks

0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

So if I've got this right DazzaP.... 

You grouped all your 3 speakers, soundbar and two R1s via your phone or tablet using the multiform app and the same WiFi connection. 

Instead of then selecting a streaming service as we would normally do at this point.... 

You then fed in the optical link straight from the TV/Connect unit into the sound bar. You are then controlling the levels of the individual speakers via the multiroom app?

I presume, you then  select the TV speaker and simply turn the sound off/mute it? 

Ok so if that's the case you hear the same sound in each speaker, it's not 5.1? And you also have the hassle of not being able to operate the volume directly from the TV remote control? 

But at least you can get some sound from the rear speakers! 

Well I'll go buy an optical cable and use this "frig" just now.... But this isn't a long term solution for me I'm afraid and certainly not how it was sold to me by the Samsung rep on the shop.... He told me I would have 3.1 with the soundbar and then 5.1 surround by adding the R1s, grouping them all together, setting up the speaker levels via the TV and then controlling it all via the volume on TV remote control..... I was sold! 

But it doesn't work that way just now, as you can't get any volume from the rears.... Only a whisper when your ears are pressed to them, step back 30 cm and you can't hear the effects.... Used as described in the shop and Samsungs website I'm afraid the "system" is currently useless for me. 

0 Likes