Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 05-02-2017 06:50 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

All my hdmi devices are set to pass the bit stream audio strait through. except my xbox one which won't have that option until the next update. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just received this update from Samsung Head office; hope this helps. 

"Good morning Mr ******, I have received confirmation from our AV team that a software update has been released to the soundbar to address customer comment over the volume level in surround mode when using the WAM Multi channel system.

There is an expected further update to the WAM speakers to also allow volume level increase in this mode, while we do not have a specific date for release I hope that this provides some further advisement in this case"

I am not at home to check if a further update to soundbar has been received or if they are referring to the one issued recently. 

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Good to have further acknowledgement. However, disappointing to leave us waiting indefinitely. Last post from moderator suggested update by end of this month.

0 Likes
kerseco
Student
Options

Hi Robbienobs --

Appreciate this helpful message -- hopefully it'll finally fix this problem.  

In the end I couldn't wait any longer for Samsung to sort out the problem v. return dates for my new Soundbar HWK 650 and R1 Speakers and so returned for refund.  The Samsung TV  - the UE55KS8000 - however is superb and without any hitch at all: the 'one shot' Smart Remote works brilliantly.

As a replacement I bought the Sony Soundbar HT-RT5 (HiFi Confidential for decent price) which included two rear speakers for 5.1 surround sound and .. guess what  (wot?)  problems with that too..  and, yes, Sony are aware and working on that one as well.  The Sony problem was that the sound was 'capped' at a low volume for TV inputs only (didn't matter what make, people are reporting probs with Sony, Samsung, LG TVs et al) and had to be run at max volume whether HDMI ARC or Optical.  Bluetooth and wifi inputs fine, "just" the TV input.    So returned the Sony as well for refund rather than wait for their tech people to sort.

And finally.... dumped the Soundbar idea altogether and bought a seperates system :  Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 Speaker set and an Onkyo TX-NR656 AV Amp (Richer Sounds this time) and ... great !  At last.  What a bl@@##y palaver.  The whole set up now works perfectly with strong surround and earth shaking volume; the Samsung Smart Remote integrates without any hitch with the Onkyo unit, as it did with the Sony Soundbar.

I'm sure Samsung will sort out the problem with the Rx Speakers and Soundbar soon  - their kit is of good quality and well made  too -- but why isn't this stuff just released and working at first go rather than relying on forum members to report and sort and ..wait...

Anyway there it is --- 

Regards  Peter

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Just got home. No update so that must have been referring to the last update we had. Bit disappointing as that's old news now. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Same here...... Bit disappointed 

Maybe there is another soundbar update on its way as it refers to an update to resolve the volume issues not muffled sound. 

Also interesting to hear that the rears will also be updated...... Hopefully we get more control of volume levels all together. 

0 Likes
DazzaP
Student
Options

I have the same setup myself and am using the optical audio lead workaround, which as some people have stated is far from satisfactory. When the whole set up is linked and all is well it does sound very nice though...

Any thoughts on when we'll get an update Samsung? It would be great to have this work with the soundbar connected via HDMI, so that it's more integrated! Otherwise I'll certainly give serious consideration to the manufacturer of my next TV purchase in the coming years....

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Last thing we heard is that an update is due at the end of this month. I will be very frustrated if we get nothing..
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Hey guys, I checked the Samsung support page for our TV and there is an 1165 update just released on the 20th. I updated via USB successfully.

I did the wireless manager on the TV and I think the rears are louder now. Didn't get much time to test, but I don't think I'm imagining it. Can anyone else confirm?
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

0 Likes