Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 05-02-2017 02:48 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Hi Anton

What settings is your TV on?

Lee
0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options
I tried two different modes:
- PCM
- DTS Neo 2:5
Both with the same result.

I don't have any more options (as far as I know :-))
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

That's your problem. PCM will only ever be stereo over optical. change your hdmi to bitstream and audio format to Dolby digital.

1486306027285-1030202180.jpg

0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options
mmm, strange thing is that there are 4 options (PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS and DTS Neo 2.5), but I can only select PCM and DTS Neo. Dolby Digital is greyed out... No clue why...
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
What's your hdmi setting??
0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options
uuuuh, how do i know?

But even when I use the built in media player from samsung, I cannot choose another sound format. In that case it's not HDMI related I guess?
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
You should have a hdmi format setting.
0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options
I guess this is set by the HDMI device, but I don't use a HDMI device, since I'm playing directly from an TV app...
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

If I play files from a USB memory stick through the TV through optical to the soundbar I still get 5.1  I hope you find the reason that your not getting true 5.1  I could email you the test file I used if you like.

Lee

0 Likes
Toonekloon
First Poster
Options
Mystery solved (i Guess):
- Audio setting is depending on the file format that's playing
- I used a different test file, and there I could select the Dolby setting
- 5.1 was working fine

I'm glad this works: Next step: what to do with the HDMI devices... But that's of less importance for me...
0 Likes