Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 14-12-2016 08:03 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi all

Mine still powers on and off with the TV  have you got the Bluetooth power option turned on still? 

Also for some reason mine doesn't break the group when I change source  my speakers are connected through a Samsung hub. is anyone else using the hub? 

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Lee, 

Have tried with BT on and off and bar still won't turn off/on with TV which is strange if it's working for you. I thought power down worked from wifi connection to TV 😞

I have a hub but it's up in cupboard; bought it originally on Samsung's advise to resolve wifi issue the bar had originally...... Didnt work and then they fixed it with a firmware update 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

My WiFi router is quite old and only has 2.4 so the hub works great for me as it's 5ghz. I hope Samsung do cone up with a fix as we now know it can work ok through the optical. no joy over WiFi or Hdmi though.makes me wonder if it the sound bar or the TV firmware causing the problem  

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for your help Lee. Will try my hub tomorrow and post results. 

In my view it's the sound bar firmware as the sound quality issues for me started when the soundbar received an update. And samsung confirmed when I called them,  that the tv firmware was about a month old at the time. Same time the 0 to 100 volume started and when volume numbers appeared on TV instead of soundbar. 

Imcedently my TV received an update to 1154 today but it's not helped any so is probably unassociated with our issues. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all

It's now turning off and on with the tv without a hub,  but it has developed an echo on the rear speakers after its been on for a few hours......... Grrrrr

Have to switch off rear speakers and re group to stop it echoing. 

Starting to annoy me having to use the soundbar control as well as TV control. 

Hope they sort this all out as it's a really messy set up. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

So strange how they are different  I have have had mine on all last night  at least six hours with no problems and has been on tonight since five again with no problems. I still want a fix though as it would be nice to use just the one controller  

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Lee, 

Must be a setting we have different then maybe. I will have a play around with it and may even do a full reset of everything and see if this helps.

Samsung in the US confirmed on their forum that sub woofer settings where changed when people complained about rear speakers being too quiet........... It's my guess this is the same firmware update that messed up the sound quality. 

0 Likes
Satty
First Poster
Options

really annoyed. I finally got this set up yesterday out of the box and turned off the auto update in the app. The factory firmware was 3107. Woke up this morning and it had updated itself to 3108 despite me having the auto update turned off. I

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Yep welcome to world of no support or help. apart from us users.

0 Likes
Tater
First Poster
Options

Return it while you still can. I delt with technical support for roughly 3 hours this week. They have been no help at all. Mine is in the box getting returned. 

0 Likes