Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Pathfinder

Hi Podavies

Same here unfortunately.......... Can hear all other speakers fine just nothing from sub on some tests. And then crossover on others. 

Temp fix only helps with sound quality for now.......  Doesn't clear up the Dolby issue. 

Come on Samsung please at least respond to say what you are doing to resolve the firmware issues, so we can connect via multichannel mode like we should be able to. 

Explorer

What a minute Lee sent me a MKV, and suddleny I could hear the Sub and was getting 3.1 sound, the left and right were merging with the front and backs. I Broke up the group in the app re createted the group and i am now getting 5.1 100%

Let me send you this small file Lee sent me its the first one that actually works.

Pathfinder

Ok great 

I have just found some that definitely give all the separate channels. Only problem is crossover of right front and sub woofer

Pathfinder

Correction left and front right have crossover with sub. 

Sub sounds on its own but when it tests front right and left it comes out sub also, but no crossover on front centre or rears with sub

Navigator

Hi Podavies

Glad you got the file ok and really happy you got it working. like I said I then had to make sure all my media devices were outputting bitstream or in the case of kodi I had to set it to passthrough. need to get yours working now Robbie

Lee

Pathfinder

Hi Lee

Can you send me the file you used also.  

The one I have seems to do the job just getting sound out sub when front left and right sound. 

I have used downloads from below site just need to put www2.

iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Thanks Podavies, 

Got the file and tried it. 

Definitely getting sound out the sub woofer on right and left front channels (more evident when I place my hand on back of sub) 

It's only a slight crossover but not completely clean 5.1 in my view but near as ***** it.......... And a million times better that before trying optical lead

Pathfinder

One more downside with workaround is it doesn't turn off/on soundbar when TV is turned off/on

Samsung still have a lot of work to do before I consider keeping this kit

Navigator

Hi Robbie

Do you have an email address I can send it too? 

Explorer
this is no solution, just makes its usable, I still have to break and recreate the group when I change sources, as it breaks the surround for me. so when I go to my PC, then back to the USB the surround is broken, it goes to 3.1 then I have to use the App to break and recreate the group again .
Top Liked Authors