Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 14-12-2016 06:44 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

TV is a UE65KU6000 

I have connected with optical lead from TV to soundbar (with no hdmi from TV to bar) 

Selected audio out/optical from the TV sound menu

Then grouped the speakers in surround mode through the app and not changed the tv

Then used the sound bar control to select   D.IN as the source

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

ok well let me know how the 5.1 test goes. 🙂

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Search for lynnemusic and there are some surround files you can download for testing, including a 5.1 speaker test.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks abob36

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Ive tried a few downloads couldnt get it too work.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Once I get home from work I will try testing with optical out from my PC to see what's what.

In Netflix, search "test", click on the Netflix test pattern set and that has a sound test I beleive.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

ok will give that a try,

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Podavies

Same here unfortunately.......... Can hear all other speakers fine just nothing from sub on some tests. And then crossover on others. 

Temp fix only helps with sound quality for now.......  Doesn't clear up the Dolby issue. 

Come on Samsung please at least respond to say what you are doing to resolve the firmware issues, so we can connect via multichannel mode like we should be able to. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

What a minute Lee sent me a MKV, and suddleny I could hear the Sub and was getting 3.1 sound, the left and right were merging with the front and backs. I Broke up the group in the app re createted the group and i am now getting 5.1 100%

Let me send you this small file Lee sent me its the first one that actually works.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Ok great 

I have just found some that definitely give all the separate channels. Only problem is crossover of right front and sub woofer

0 Likes