Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Pathfinder

I believe samsung know there is an issue with firmware for surround mode. 

Hours spent talking to customer service and they don't have a clue. 

No specific response on here only generic answers from Samsung robots. 

I am looking into my legal standing with regards to returning the whole lot. 

In the meantime as samsung won't respond I am going to leave as many reviews as I can on very popular sites about Samsungs firmware issues, and even more importantly their complete lack of support and honesty! 

Pathfinder

I am starting to believe that samsung make these approaches on forums to give a false a impression of good customer service. 

Token comments with no real technical backup and with only generic non specific answers and requests for information. 

I have contacted trading standards with regards to samsung issuing firmware updates and ruining the kit I purchased with nothing but generic responses from tech support, obviously reading from a Samsung book of excuses. 

Their head office is in Chertsey just up the road from me so I will print all this off,  and take my samsung call reference number and the soundbar and surround speakers and go see the girl on reception. 

I wonder if anyone will speak to me then! 

AntS Moderator

Hi Robbienobs.

We're currently looking into this with our TV, Audio & Video experts (i.e. technical supergeeks) to see what can be done to fix this for you guys.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Pathfinder

Ok I will wait with bated breath! 

Please bear in mind this was reported to your call center months ago and nothing has been done to this day....... 

Explorer

I live in Slough ill pop up with you :-)

Highlighted
Pathfinder

I will hold you to that :smileyhappy:

I will let you know when I finally run out of patience 

Explorer

Samsung speaks!!!

Thanks Robbienobs for accomplishing what appeared to be the impossible... Getting any reaction from Samsung.

Hopefully they’re seriously looking into this and not just trying to dampen down your threat.

As for me? I’m still going to hit as many review message boards as I can to report my experience over the last 6 months with the complete lack of communication from all aspects of Samsung support outlets. Weather they fix it or not at this point doesn’t change my feelings for how Samsung treats their customers when they’re having issues. My patience ran out a while ago!

Pathfinder

Thanks,  Think I will give it a week and then go visit head office with all the evidence and kit 

First Poster

Just purchased 65"KS8000 tv with HW-K650 sound bar and 2 R1 speakers. Hooked it all up last night and all was good. Turn it on today and have the same problem you have described. On the phone now with support. They are no help. This is not a good start. 

Pathfinder

This unit always good out the box.

Then the firmware updates from factory version and ruins everything.

Thanks for posting. At least with everyone reporting the same issues now they will find it very hard to ignore like me. 

Customer service guys have no technical abilities at all and hopefully this has been escalated. They try to state that it's only an isolated issue every time I have called. They did the same thing with the WiFi and denied the problem, then admitted it to me it was firmware and updated the firmware to fix. 

The only way I can use mine at the moment is to use the -12 setting that shouldn't be there on the subwoofer setting, but still no where near as good as it should be. I often give up and just use the original tv sound! 

They said to me on the phone over two months ago now that it was passed to the technical team, and did absolutely nothing to fix it. They have said the same again on here but hopefully if we all stick together we can get this sorted. 

If I was you to be honest I would take it all back for a refund while you can. 

I can see myself at head office on Friday! 

Top Liked Authors