Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K450, use Soundconnection or HDMI for Dolby Digital?

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 08:46 PM)
Swords
First Poster
Options

I've the above soundbar connected via Sound Connection but can't figure out if Dolby Digital etc is transferred via this method. Other home cinema systems I've owned would either display an indicator light or you could view what audio signal was being received but I can't see anything similar on the soundbar. 

So taking Sky for example, am I better setting the sound output to Dolby and connecting via HDMI?

3 REPLIES 3
JessL
Voyager
Options

Thanks for posting, @Swords!

The Soundbar will output  Dolby Digital depending on the conent, however, it will not show an indicator. 

We hope this helps. :cathappy:

0 Likes
Lawrose
Journeyman
Options

Yes, but the question was will Dolby Digital be transmitted via a SoundConnect connection? Or is it only supported via HDMI/ARC and Optical?

0 Likes
Dmit317
First Poster
Options

@Lawrose wrote:

Yes, but the question was will Dolby Digital be transmitted via a SoundConnect connection? Or is it only supported via HDMI/ARC and Optical?

I second this. I've had a HW-K360 with rears for over a year hooked up through SoundConnect on my KU6300. Today I purchased a second HW-K360 with rears and talking to a Samsung rep on the phone, was advised SoundConnect only does Stereo sound and the "Surround Sound" mode on my soundbar was simulated not true. However, I can find nothing across this forum & the internet to back that up.

My soundbar(s), the HW-K360, doesn't have HDMI as an output option. Only digital optical. IF that's really the case, I'll switch both immediately from SoundConnect.. I'll feel really bamboozled also because I have been under the impression that SoundConnect is supposed to be the same quality, just wireless as a perk for using both Samsung products.

0 Likes