Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
EmmaE
Apprentice
Options

Hi all!

Samsung replied to my tweet earlier today.. looks like they'll let is know here..

Screenshot_20200622-152222_Twitter.jpg

ky0ri
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with the HT-J5500, i can't use any function only keep rebooting

Rchris
Journeyman
Options
See you soon,
The Samsung team
This email is automatically generated, please do not reply to it.

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 05:55 PM <> wrote:
hello, since last night, when I turned on the device, it goes in loop on "LOAD", "No DISC" (permanent reboot), even when you try to use "D in", "AUX" or any other parameter. I reset the device while it was in standby mode, nothing. Apparently several people have been talking about the same problem for a day, Problem with an update? JAVA security issue? awaiting your feedback, cordially.
I follow up on your email concerning the malfunction of your model home theater system: HT-J4500 / ZF.

I'm really sorry for the concern you are having.

I will try to help you resolve your device malfunction.

First, I invite you to do an electrical reset of your home theater system, as follows:
- disconnect your home cinema system from the power supply
- disconnect all devices connected to your home cinema system
- press the "Stop" button on your remote control, in front of the home cinema system, for 15-20 seconds

If the problem persists, I recommend resetting the home theater system:

(We recommend that you write down your settings to easily reset them after resetting.)
The security PIN code becomes the original one: 1111, 0000 or 1234.
If after these manipulations, the malfunction disappears, I recommend that you also update the software:
The update file can be found at the link below:
in the user manual, on pages 18-19:
https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201503/20150327103755727/AH68-02830D-HT-J4500-ZF-CMS.p...

However, if the problem still persists, please note that this malfunction is known and is being resolved by our technicians.
In this case, please contact us within a few days.

Thank you for contacting us.
I hope these answers have been helpful to you, and I wish you a good day.

If you need further assistance, you can always contact us.
Regards,
Costi, your Samsung advisor

Thank you for contacting Samsung Audio and Video Customer Service.
Your advisor will give you an answer within a maximum of 2 working days.

See you soon,
The Samsung team

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 12:30 PM <> wrote:
hello, thank you for your reponce, the solution did not work. For information see: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HT-J4500-home-cinema-cycling-on-and-off-repeatedly/t..., the problem is global for 2 days, also problem with other home cinema systems of different reference. Pending follow-up troubleshooting from your technicians, and troubleshooting from our home theater devices. cordially.

Rchris
Journeyman
Options

@Rchris wrote:
See you soon,
The Samsung team

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 05:55 PM <> wrote:
hello, since last night, when I turned on the device, it goes in loop on "LOAD", "No DISC" (permanent reboot), even when you try to use "D in", "AUX" or any other parameter. I reset the device while it was in standby mode, nothing. Apparently several people have been talking about the same problem for a day, Problem with an update? JAVA security issue? awaiting your feedback, cordially.
I follow up on your email concerning the malfunction of your model home theater system: HT-J4500 / ZF.

I'm really sorry for the concern you are having.

I will try to help you resolve your device malfunction.

First, I invite you to do an electrical reset of your home theater system, as follows:
- disconnect your home cinema system from the power supply
- disconnect all devices connected to your home cinema system
- press the "Stop" button on your remote control, in front of the home cinema system, for 15-20 seconds

If the problem persists, I recommend resetting the home theater system:

(We recommend that you write down your settings to easily reset them after resetting.)
The security PIN code becomes the original one: 1111, 0000 or 1234.
If after these manipulations, the malfunction disappears, I recommend that you also update the software:
The update file can be found at the link below:
in the user manual, on pages 18-19:
https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201503/20150327103755727/AH68-02830D-HT-J4500-ZF-CMS.p...

However, if the problem still persists, please note that this malfunction is known and is being resolved by our technicians.
In this case, please contact us within a few days.

Thank you for contacting us.
I hope these answers have been helpful to you, and I wish you a good day.

If you need further assistance, you can always contact us.
Regards,
Costi, your Samsung advisor

Thank you for contacting Samsung Audio and Video Customer Service.
Your advisor will give you an answer within a maximum of 2 working days.

See you soon,
The Samsung team

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 12:30 PM <> wrote:
hello, thank you for your reponce, the solution did not work. For information see: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HT-J4500-home-cinema-cycling-on-and-off-repeatedly/t..., the problem is global for 2 days, also problem with other home cinema systems of different reference. Pending follow-up troubleshooting from your technicians, and troubleshooting from our home theater devices. cordially.

DonovanJacobs
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my BD J5500 Blue Ray player. It goes through this loop as on your video and we have turned it off for now.

I have contacted Samsung support and they tried to do a hard reset but it is not working as the player is not responding at all.

DonovanJacobs
Journeyman
Options

I am in South Africa and I have exactly the same problem.

TiagoSanto
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I’ve made a complaint and they’ve already written me this:

Dear Mr Santo,

Thank you for getting in touch with us to tell us about your faulty device I am sorry it has developed a defect and let you down. At Samsung, we take pride in our products and hope they provide years of service to our customers.Looking into your case I can see that you are having issues with your Samsung Blu-ray surrounds sound system HT-J5500/XU we are currently working very hard with our engineers to provide a fix to the issue on your device. We will then send a software update via an internet connection that should then resolve any issues with this system. At the same time, we are aware that some customers won't be happy to wait for this fix to take effect. In these cases, we would advise speaking to your retailer to exercise your consumer rights.

If you would like to talk about any of this, we are here from 9 am - 6 pm  Monday to Sunday. Tel - 0330 726 7864 

Kind regards,

Anthony

Customer Relations

Neo-Optimus
First Poster
Options

My Samsung player is doing exactly the same. IT looks like pre-programmed. Why all of us are having the same problem?

pOwl
Explorer
Options

I do not expect they will be able to fix this through the Internet. There seems to be no communication beween start of device and its reboot.

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

I  think will be with a cd or a USB ,will not be  possible with internet access because it's only 5 to 10 seconds stays on then restarts, to connect to the internet will take  at last 30  to 40 seconds maybe more.