Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free UHD films.

(Topic created on: 10-04-2018 10:36 AM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Registerd for x10 free uhd films on the samsung website when bought my tv, and still not heard back and wondering if anyone has done this and what to do?

212 REPLIES 212
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

Congratulations, perseverance pays off sometimes.  Other Members have been able to use vouchers on Ratuken movies (4000 etc.,) but it's never worked for me.  Only been able to pick from rubbish on TV Plus.

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@chuckcharl wrote:

Other Members have been able to use vouchers on Ratuken movies (4000 etc.,) but it's never worked for me.  Only been able to pick from rubbish on TV Plus.

If you select TV plus (as in highlight it and select it) it allows you to flick through channels 4000 to 4003 (New Releases, Family, UHD and Action) - you're not just scrolling up to the films shown in the menu bar are you? Admittedly the selection isn't great, but there is enough selection to find 10 watchable movies (well for me anyway). This is completely different to Rakuten TV itself - which is a complete Pay per View service.  I believe you cannot use your vouchers within Rakuten TV, but if you select a film through TV plus you can then watch it through Rakuten, TV Plus being a hybrid agreement between Samsung and Rakuten to 'showcase' movies without having to flick through hundreds to find something to watch.

Having just taken a quick look there now appears to be some additional Samsung channels showcasing UHD - 4500, 4501 and 4502 - which I haven't noticed before. Action sports, lifestyle and entertainment appear to be the selection on offer.

Have you updated to the latest firmware, as my channels were 'locked out' but came back online when I downloaded and updated to the (last) firmware?

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@chuckcharl wrote:

Wonder if the £200 money back scheme is any easier

Well, waited 30 days after purchase, went to the link provided. Input/uploaded details - though was a bit confusing as to what information they initially wanted - TV or Soundbar - but got there in the end. Less than 24hours later had an email confirming validation of my claim, and that payment would be made within 30 days as per the Ts&Cs. 3 weeks later received a text that payment had been processed, and money was in my account 4 days after that. Can't complain!

0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

Never been able to use voucher towards Ratuken movies either, there has been a couple of newer movies added to TV plus recently and problems in using vouchers appear to be less these days (though you still get the odd day when all attempts fail). Strangely I've had two messages in past month saying 2 extra vouchers have been added to my account but, so far, no sign of them

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

It has all stopped working for me now; I managed to rent one UHD film but since the software update the whole TV Plus experience isn't working.  Even clicking on specific films opens different trailers and takes me to the "channels".  I can't log in to My TV Plus either. 

0 Likes
Nothappytoo
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem took took get the actual vouchers managed to spend one of them.

However the next time I went on the films have all disappeared! All I get is the constant looping trailers. Tried going through the Rakuten app and ended up paying cash money for a rental instead of being able to use the voucher.

This is a beyond the joke

In my opinion Samsung have used this promotion in a way that can only be construed as false advertising.

It's bad enough people cannot actually redeem the the purchase information in order to get the vouchers. But now even armed with the vouchers you can't actually use them for anything. To add insult to injury the vouchers have a time limit on them which is constantly ticking down while the movies are unavailable.

Yet another PR disaster for Samsung?

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Support emailed me to reset the smart hub which I did and it worked... however the next day it went back to not working again! I've found if you unplug the tv completely and replug it and switch it on again, the "rent" button comes back.

I don't understand why they just didn't issue Rakuten vouchers codes.. or Google Play voucher codes... noone's going to be using TV Plus after this disaster! 

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@Nothappytoo wrote:

However the next time I went on the films have all disappeared! All I get is the constant looping trailers.

Firstly, the vouchers do not work on Rakuten TV (or they shouldn't anyway). i believe you can cash in a voucher on TV plus then view the film through Rakuten - though haven't tried it myself.

Originally my TV Plus worked fine, then it didn't, then I updated the firmware and it did, and now it auto-updated and it doesn't again - so I spent some more time 'playing'.

If I simply turn the TV on then select TV plus mine is the same as yours - constant looping trailers without the ability to select anything. Same happens if I am watching sky, then move across to the TV plus icon. What I have noticed however is, if I first tune to 'Live TV Terrestrial' in the smart hub (and select a normal channel to watch  like BBC) and then go back to the hub and select TV plus, as if by magic the selectable fims appear. Same happens if I go to the Terrestrial TV guide and scroll all the way down to select 4001 from that. It is almost as if there are two sets of TV plus channels, ones only showing the trailers, and the ones that you can rent from....

0 Likes
thegoat46
First Poster
Options

I was initially able to rent one movie, but after this the option to select movies by pressing the Down button on the remote disappeared. I have just done an online chat which resulted in a Factory reset of my TV. The TV Plus is now working again. Hopefully I won't have to do a Factory reset after each film rental, but hopefully this may work for others too.

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

I've found that, just before you want to rent a film, you just have to unplug the tv and then re-plug it in and switch on; no need to reset to factory settings or the smart hub even.  Very bizarre!