Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free UHD films.

(Topic created on: 02-04-2018 08:50 AM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Registerd for x10 free uhd films on the samsung website when bought my tv, and still not heard back and wondering if anyone has done this and what to do?

212 REPLIES 212
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

This is a promotion to 'supposedly' show of Samsung UHD TV Quality and also introduce us to Ratuken Movie Channel. In which case, why did Samsung make it so hard to get the vouchers and Ratuken only allow us a small choice of movies.  They offer Blade Runner 2049 but rest are either rubbish or movies we've all seen.  Surely they could give us the option to rent any of their movies via the Samsung voucher.  This would make the effort in actually joining TV Plus worthwhile.

Don't suppose Samsung or Ratuken will take anyannotice

Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@chuckcharlwrote:

They offer Blade Runner 2049 but rest are either rubbish or movies we've all seen.  Surely they could give us the option to rent any of their movies via the Samsung voucher.  This would make the effort in actually joining TV Plus worthwhile.

Well, 8 vouchers in and 8 films watched I haven't seen before - guess it depends on your point of view!

As far as I am aware you don't join TV plus - it is what it is - a ppv service run by Samsung in collaboration with Rakuten TV with a limited selection of films - to (their words) 'offer a unique experience that combining linear viewing behavior (TV channels) with premium VOD movies to rent from Rakuten TV'.  Guess from my point of view using the vouchers it gives me a limited choice so saves having to trawl through the myriad of choices, and prevents the 'shall we watch' discussion/argument.  Guess we can all agree on the 'unique experience' bit!!:smileyvery-happy:

Don't think you can uninstall it either - only hide it - as it is part of the Smart Hub. Rakuten on the other hand - as far as I can tell - is a standalone service offering a lot more - but is also a ppv service independent of Samsung.

0 Likes
Scottishguy67
Apprentice
Options

So just went to use my first free voucher to watch “murder on the orient express “.

voucher was used movie started then didn’t even get past the 20th century fox opening credit and it jumped back to the trailers screen. Now it’s intermittently jumping between trailer loop and a screen saying tv plus is not available and to check my network connection (which is fine).I’ll watch it on sky instead 

0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

Although MOTOE appears to be on TV Plus, it ain't, you have to gonback to "home", click "My TV Plus" again and available list should appear, without MOTOE.  Took ages to get the vouchers and they now create problems when trying to redeem one.  Some days it works first time, others not without frustration.  Wonder if the £200 money back scheme is any easier

0 Likes
Scottishguy67
Apprentice
Options

In my case it had started playing MOTOE just didn’t get past the opening credits.on a more positive note I have just watched justice league with a second voucher so maybe they are starting to iron out the gremlins . Hope everyone else is having some success with them too 

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

If it helps helps (and without wanting to bring down the wrath of the gods on me) I have cashed in 8 vouchers and have 8 succesful viewings under my belt.  Only problem I did encounter was when my router died halfway through a film, and it didn't manage to capture a restart point, so I had to manually ffwd to the point I left had - which was 'painful' to say the least.

0 Likes
Matt_1796
First Poster
Options

About a few weeks ago I lost the ability to see what movies were on offer and could only watch the 4 channels showing previews of how the films were made. I could at one stage select the favourites and watch them but now this does not work. I've used many of the codes already so know how to use these but something has changed and I cannot figure it out.

Can am anyone help? I don't use it for any TV with satellite etc. Just as the my TV free films

0 Likes
Ashgooner
First Poster
Options

Had this problem, unplugged the tele from power reconnected then all was good again hopefully it works for you. 

0 Likes
ss6
Student
Options

I had the same problem. I solved it by deleting all my chanels & retuning. 

0 Likes
Gingercol
Journeyman
Options

Well it only took about 12 weeks, 30 emails, 5 phone calls but finally yes I have received the coupons.

I actually got 17 in total. I got 15 today and got 2 about 3 weeks ago. 

I used one to watch Justice League in HD not UHD from the new releases channel 4000 I think. 

The 15 I received today are valid until October which is good. 

So my advice is to persevere don't give up and don't be overly aggressive and you will get there in the end 👍😁