Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free UHD films.

(Topic created on: 13-03-2018 09:01 AM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Registerd for x10 free uhd films on the samsung website when bought my tv, and still not heard back and wondering if anyone has done this and what to do?

212 REPLIES 212
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Of note, and I haven't seen (or noticed) it before, but after selecting a film on TV plus a message popped up stating I could watch the movie through the Rakuten TV app.

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@chuckcharlwrote:

Will they ever sort things out?, I've had no firmware update and as at 9am still got movies, but same lineup as previous

I was on 1155, and running the check for updates option through the TV didn't register any new firmware. I went to the Support page for the TV and it was listed there, so downloaded it to USB, extracted it then plugged it into the one connect box and did a manual update.

0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

I recall back in January one lucky person saying they had been able to get a free rental from Ratuken, would soon use up my voucher balance with their choice

0 Likes
Dotty11
Apprentice
Options

I've just received an email,saying that my vouchers have been added to my account,so I now only have to select a film,and pay with the voucher,so we will see.  I should have time to watch a film sometime this week,so I will let you know how I get on!  Fingers crossed!!!

chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

Hope it's finally sorted for you 

0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options
Just been on the site, didn't get that offer
0 Likes
Dotty11
Apprentice
Options

Further to my message which I left the otherday,really excited as I now had it in writing,confirmation that the vouchers have now been credited to my account.   So last night,after settling down to watch one of these movies,followed the instructions,which they sent me in an attachment,and so it really is ***** proof,asked me for payment................

NO VOUCHERS!!!

So here we go again??????

0 Likes
Smudge19
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dotty

That is so frustrating for you!! despite eventually recieving your vouchers, they are useless!!

In my case, suprisingly i did not receive the promised phone call from Samsung. So as promised i have sent a request for trading standards to look into it. This was done by a online form available through the Citizens Advice website.

This is what i wrote, i should hear a response within 3 days they said.

Hi
in December i purchased a Samsung UHD television. as part of the transaction Samsung was offering a promotion for 10 free UHD movies from the Rakuten movie streaming service. I registered for the deal on 11/01/18 and took a screenshot of the confirmation page which quoted a unique registration number, and stated that within 14 days i would receive an email on how to access the free movies. Despite 4 live chats with the Samsung helpline, in which on two occassions they promised i would receive a phone call from their promotions team ( no calls recieved ). I have to date still not received the promised free movie vouchers in my samsung account. At the end of my last live chat, i said if i did not receive the promised call, then i would continue my grievance by other means. I hope that you can contact Samsung and inform them that they have an obligation to fulfill this promotion.
Many others have experienced similar problems, some receiving no vouchers and others finding it impossible to use voucher that they have "eventually" received into their Samsung account.
You can access this Forum discussion on the following link, you do not need to be registered to look at it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Free-UHD-films/td-p/369814

Thanks, i hope you can get Samsung to act reasonably towards all affected.

First Poster
Options

how do i view the films

0 Likes
TAS1108
Journeyman
Options

Good morning!  Unfortunately the answer is with great difficulty.  I have given up trying.  A very disappointing experience. ☹️

0 Likes