Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone who is wanting to know about EARC on the Q Series tv’s and soundbars see this!

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 01:18 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

CB7A14E6-B0BB-426D-8F97-14377CD77D6B.png

F4E78B9D-A744-42D8-8B88-08DD7F937D97.png

This is 100% confirmation eARC was never supported but it is coming to the tvs and soundbar next month! After myself and a few others took to the internet to get to the bottom of it we finally have an answer! Happy reading! 

thanks,

zac

13 REPLIES 13
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Look folks, if you want to achieve something, you need to be loud. We need tech sites to write about this problem. For now, please spam all these Twitter accounts with following hashtags: #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate

@StephenWithers

@Anonymous User

@SamsungUS

@SamsungUK

@SamsungSupport

@SamsungTV

Like:

@StephenWithers @Anonymous User @SamsungUS @SamsungUK @SamsungSupport @SamsungTV Where is the promised eARC support for 2019 TV's & Soundbar's top models? We feel cheated! #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate

Buccaneerian
Explorer
Options

Not sure why every one is getting hot under the collar about samsung updating Arc to eArc as when we purchased the Q90 TV & soundbar it never came with eArc, just standard eArc. 

Yes it would be nice to have, but Samsung are under no obligation to supply it as that is not what you got when you purchased the items and neither did it state that you would be upgraded automatically to eArc.  In addition, I would prefer that Samsung did proper and thorough testing rather than market something quickly with minimal testing due to pressure from a consumer group who will then complain that the software update has caused them other issues.

If it ever happens we would be grateful, but certainly would not be swiping at Samsung if it does not happen!  Just my thoughts!

Just to add it took Ford with all their resources several years to resolve software issue with their Powershift gearboxes!

0 Likes
thutch
Navigator
Options

I think you might be slightly missing the point here. 

In principle I agree with what you are saying, but you've forgotten something key to why we feel "entitled" to the eARC update for our 8K TVs.    Samsung have marketed and sold these TVs as a true 8K experience, real 8K resolution - the next generation in viewing experience (their words not mine) so to think that when you invest in an expensive TV you find in the small print (and when you install the Tv) that actually this doesn't include next generation audio and it doesn't include next generation 8K codec support for streaming videos through Netflix's, Amazon etc.  You feel like you "true" 8K TV has just become a cheap upscaler and not as true or native 8K as you've sold. 

the fact of the matter her is that we've been sold something which lacks fundemental capabilities to make this true to the Samsung marketing and sales pitch.  If they'd actually included these gaps, they'd never of sold anything in 2019!   "True 8K experience, but we can only ever stream 4K content and no Dolby Atmos" wow - that's not a next generation TV is it! 

0 Likes
phongho2
First Poster
Options

Has anyone heard of any news regarding a firmware update with eARC for 2019 QLEDs? I have a q90R and was really hoping for eARC. I read on flatpanels' recent (5/6/2020) article announcing the soundbar eARC firmware update that- 

Samsung has also promised to update its 2019 Q90R 4K TV with eARC. This update is still pending. Samsung 2020 TVs come with eARC baked-in.  source: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1588749189

But I was unable to find who "promised" it. 

0 Likes