Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos Drops/Disconnects Netflix Apple Tv+ On Apple TV 4k Using Soundbar Q90R

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 02:05 PM)
bassline77
First Poster
Options

Hi..would appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

I use apple tv 4k to watch atmos content on netflix or apple tv+ 

On the movie content page nd soundbar display already shows DOLBY ATMOS

When i play the movie the audio keeps dropping/disconnecting whenver its DOLBY ATMOS

The TV is the SUHD capable of 4K

MY SETUP :

- Apple TV 4k is connected to HDMI 1 on the Q90R soundbar

- Samsung TV UA55JS9000 connected to the soundbar on HDMI ARC

Any kinda of advice is appreciated 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Gerryd
Apprentice
Options

@bassline77 wrote:

Hi..would appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

I use apple tv 4k to watch atmos content on netflix or apple tv+ 

On the movie content page nd soundbar display already shows DOLBY ATMOS

When i play the movie the audio keeps dropping/disconnecting whenver its DOLBY ATMOS

The TV is the SUHD capable of 4K

MY SETUP :

- Apple TV 4k is connected to HDMI 1 on the Q90R soundbar

- Samsung TV UA55JS9000 connected to the soundbar on HDMI ARC

Any kinda of advice is appreciated 

The same thing is happening to me.  

i have a similar set up.   AppleTV 4K connected to Q90r sound bar HDMI1. And sound bar connected to Samsung tv q80 via HDMI arc.  

I fiddled with all the Apple TV settings.  changed the HDMI cables.  

Funny thing is Disney+ app doesn't do this and it uses atoms as well which leads me to believe it's Netflix app 

0 Likes
superwing
Student
Options

Hi

I only have Apple TV (older version) and used it purely to stream music thru airplay (tried on HDMI1/2). I did facing dropping issue with the music/screen - however, i recently changed to different HDMI cable and the issue seems like gone. Perhaps you can get a different HDMI cable and give it a try... or you can use the supplied samsung HDMI cable (with ethernet) and connect from your apple 4K to the HDMI. Just try out if the sound is dropping or not.

0 Likes
Gerryd
Apprentice
Options

I have changed the HDMI cable.   This happens whether the content on Netflix is atmos or 5.1.   

I was fiddling with sound settings yesterday - and rebooted and rebooted.  Nothing 

I reset the HDMI connection within the atv4k settings for video and that seemed to help.  For the rest of the episodes it was fine.  

why it only affected Netflix app is beyond me

0 Likes
superwing
Student
Options

Can you try turn off the HDMI-CEC feature on the TV and try again? Different brand might have different naming for the feature for example Sony is Bravia Sync.. I saw a lot of people solved their HDMI handshaking issue after turn off the CEC.

0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

do you get dolby vision to passthrough through the soundbar from your Apple TV?

0 Likes
Gerryd
Apprentice
Options

I don't know to be honest.   The TV is a Samsung q80.   It's so crisp and clear in comparison to the 10 year old LG plasma I replaced - I don't know how I would identify the difference. 

0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@Gerryd wrote:

I don't know to be honest.   The TV is a Samsung q80.   It's so crisp and clear in comparison to the 10 year old LG plasma I replaced - I don't know how I would identify the difference. 

you can check the source information by pressing the info button on your tv remote control. its usually labelled "info" or sometimes just a stylized "i". This will display all source signal information such as resolution, frame rate and HDR status. If you are getting Dolby Vision HDR it will be shown there.

0 Likes