Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD writer won't close - keeps ejecting disk

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 10:24 AM)
ClemVolant
First Poster
Options

Hi All!

Device: DVD writer SE-208 version DB, bought around April 2014.

I have got a Samsung DVD writer which won't remain closed and read a CD / DVD. When the device is plugged to a computer, each time I close it, it reopens.

I think that I didn't eject it properly from the computer once and it keeps thinking that I want to eject the disk.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a way to reset the device to factory settings?

Any help on this would be much appreciated! - yes I do admit that I still watch films on DVD  in 2019 :winking-face:

Cheers!

C

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @ClemVolant ,

LOL. It's cool. I still stubbornly persist with DVDs too. :winking-face:

One of our Mods (@DannyT) emailed our Support partners for that product at samsungmemory@hanaro.eu to see if we could get more info about this one for you.

The team got back to us with the following response:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support.

We are sorry to learn that you are having issues with your DVD writer.

As a first step we will need the following information:

• A detailed explanation of the problem you are facing with your drive.
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Please provide us with screenshots of error messages or error codes, or a small video clip showing the problem that you are having with your drive, if possible.
  • A copy of your proof of purchase
  • A photo of the front and backside of the drive.
  • Are you an end-user or retailer of this drive?

We will review the information and advise you accordingly.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Unless there's some owners of the same Writer as you out there who've encountered and resolved the same issue and can offer some advice here, then I reckon it might be best for you to get in touch with the Support team directly to go through their troubleshooting steps in this instance. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ClemVolant  It would be  best to contact Samsung Support as @AntS advised  with the information requested and hopefully they should be able to assist.     Updating/reinstalling the driver can sometimes help with these sorts of issues.

I still use DVD'S  at times as well, there is some information on Digital v Physical Media here and whilst I think  a place for both there has been  a  distinct shift to Streaming services.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/Digital-v-Physical-Media/m-p/932361 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ClemVolant
First Poster
Options

Hi AntS,

Thanks for your answer! I have contacted them just now. Hopefully they will be able to help.

C

0 Likes
ClemVolant
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply James! I'll give that a go.

0 Likes