Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD SH855M remote

(Topic created on: 30-04-2019 01:33 PM)
Hseaford
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know the model of the remote for the above DVD. We were burgled and they took the Panasonic TV and with it remote for this old Samsung DVD. - Not the brightest crooks!

I've tried a 00061a - not correct.

SAny help much appreciated - I wouldnt like to just bin the DVD - such an unnecessary waste.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @Hseaford. Sorry to hear you've been burgled. I've just had a look at the recommend retailers and found this. Admittidely, it's currently out of stock but there may be other retailers that may have some available. The stock number is 2188134OH. Hope you get this sorted. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sorry to hear you were burgled  @Hseaford , the distress as much as anything else.

I have found these compatible replacement remotes for the DVD SH855M, though you may prefer the original @CarlH  mentioned :

http://www.genuinecopies.tv/remotes/brands/samsung/dvd-sh855m.htm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Remote-Control-SAMSUNG-DVD-SH855M/dp/B00CQ7CB4I

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Hseaford
Apprentice
Options

Thank you CarlH, I did follow that path before contacting the Samsung Comunity.  I am though very encouraged to note how quickly I received responses. Ye olde DVD was really pretty old and a rarely used machine but the HDD does have some interesting GCSE & A level stuff.

Hseaford
Apprentice
Options

Very helpful thank you James4578. As I mentioned to CarlH the machine is now rarely used. There are so many Samsung remotes on THAT well known online auction site - just not this remote. So I was hoping to get the remote's '000xxA' number, so I could do a better search.  I can be patient a little longer, - well, till we gat the insurance money!!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No problem @Hseaford , yes pity precise remote is not so easy to track down when many others available-whilst  an older model  you do have some use for it. (even if not a priority)    Hopefully not too long for the insurance cash!

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes