Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD Player 1080P9 stopped playing discs from different regions - Grid numbers issue?

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 03:34 PM)
zport
Journeyman
Options

Hi folks!

Greetings!

I have this model for years, and used to play my Region 2 and Region 4 discs with no issues. Apparently something happened as now only Region All discs will play. If I insert a Region 2 (or 4), an error message shows up ("error occurred...") on a blue screen (almost terrifying, huh?).

; )

After Googling around (A LOT, believe me), I have found some clues about it.

It seems to be related to the grid numbers - hidden in the settings.

This is what I need to do in order to see the numbers:

'No disc' indication is visible on the top left of the screen
Using the keys on remote, I press:
1 - Reset
2 - Fast Rewind
3 - Next Chapter
4 - Fast Forward
5 - Previous Chapter
6 - Play

Then the grid numbers are displayed and what I see currently for me are the ones: 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 19, 25

I tried to find proper numbers or even someone having the same player I own (1080P9, to check for the grid, but I have not found anyone willing to help.

Perhaps some of you could post an answer here.

If you have a similar player model, set to play all regions (R2 or not only R2), I will appreciate the effort.

Many thanks and take care.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@zport: Which region are you currently based in? If you check the rear panel of the player, what region number is shown here?
0 Likes
zport
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

It's an original Region 2 (but always played all regions, with no hack).

In fact, now I noticed that the model on the back is 1080PR/XEO, just for the records.

Thanks!

0 Likes
zport
Journeyman
Options
And I checked for the firmware: it says 090810.10.B.1080P9XEG
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zport 090810.10.B appears to be the latest firmware according to the support site https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/DVD-1080P9/XEU/  which has not been updated since 2010.  Another fix which may work for players   from around this time.

Turn on the DVD without disc in the tray
Press repeat
Press fast forward
Press rewind
Press fast forward
Press up
Press down
'0' appears in top right corner
turn off then back on.

After searching this player can also be factory reset  via the following method:

With the unit on and no disc in, hold down the "Forward Skip" button on the front of the player for 5 seconds. The player will factory reset.   You may wel have tried switching off at mains for period and may not be the solution but sometimes worth a try.

Noticed you had posted in other forums, have never had this player myself- will need  if others can assist or any other members have particular experience of this one. However possibly the machine has developed a fault, though obviously All Region Discs appear to be fine.    For a while I have had Blu Ray Players myself.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
zport
Journeyman
Options
Hi @JAMES4578

Resetting to factory won't work at all. It looks like is back to 'factory', but the player keeps reading only region all discs.
After the 'reset to factory', I went to check the grid numbers - nothing different: they are the same as before the action.

I had tried also the...
Press repeat
Press fast forward
Press rewind
Press fast forward
Press up
Press down
'0' appears in top right corner
turn off then back on.

Repeatedly. The '0' never comes (or any other number on top right corner.
This case is really challenging. Something happened somewhere, 2 months back.

I have lots of region 4 discs (and obviously the region 2 ones) and I'm stuck!
; )

Thanks for the tips.