Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD - J4500/UX

(Topic created on: 06-04-2017 05:43 PM)
teejamgal
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

For some reason my Blue - ray has stopped playing my own dvd's and I noticed the BD wise is off. Would this be the problem ? It plays ones I have brought. I tried to reset but don't know the pin or do I have to make one.

Thanks alot and any help would be grateful.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TracyR
Options

Hey @teejamgal,

BD Wise is Samsung's inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically. Setup > HDMI > BD Wise > On: The original resolution of theBD/DVD disc will be output to the TV directly. Try turning this back on and see if it works again.

Also, as a side note, the default pin is usually set to 0000.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
TracyR
Options

Hey @teejamgal,

BD Wise is Samsung's inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically. Setup > HDMI > BD Wise > On: The original resolution of theBD/DVD disc will be output to the TV directly. Try turning this back on and see if it works again.

Also, as a side note, the default pin is usually set to 0000.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

teejamgal
Apprentice
Options

That's what I've been trying to do turn it on. Gonna turn off for awhile see if it clears. Yes code was 0000 but didn't do it. 

Thanks fir your help.

Sheila

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

You're welcome, @teejamgal! :womanhappy:

As an extra measure, you can check to see if your Blu-ray played is in need of a software update. You can find the download for the software here (just scroll down to get to 'Manual Downloads').

Say "hello!" and

teejamgal
Apprentice
Options

Yes l tried that. I turned it off for a minute and it's playing my dvds now thanks alot fir your help. 

Sheila