Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD-H8900M blu ray recorder/player - can't find recorded programmes

(Topic created on: 02-08-2017 07:26 PM)
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Am new owner of above and only have a week to check all functions before right to return runs out.  I cannot find programmes recorded via the TV Guide - they highlight in the guide, and info that they're recording shows on tv screen at the time, but pressing List or Scheduled Recordings just gives me something about recording on usb.  Any help gratefully received.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Foxed,

I've taken a little snippet from the User Manual that may help with this. Does pressing the REC TV LIST button display the recordings?

Playing recorded titles.PNG

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Kelly - thanks for info.  Rec TV List only refers to recordings via usb.  By accident I discovered recorded programmes under Schedule Manager yesterday afternoon.   But as from last night I can't access that, see below

Am having a lot of problems with this machine.  The remote works intermittently, the arrows don't always operate including when trying to play discs and since last night the Home button will only give me the info screen, I can't get to home page so can't do anything on it - like access my recorded programmes - and the remote doesn't always switch the machine off, am having to do it manually on the machine controls.

I am extremely frustrated with this.  I didn't expect to learn everything immediately but can't even access basic functions.  Any help would be gratefully received. 

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

It doesn't sound like it's behaving as it should. What software version is it running on?

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Thank you Kelly.  Where would I find software info you asked for?  Have looked in small paper user manual.  Can't access emanual at moment as part of ongoing remote problems.

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

You should be able to find this information in Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

If your Blu-ray Player is connected to your network, you can check for updates by heading to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Is there any damage to the remote at all? Have you tried changing the batteries?

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Software 1004.  Auto update is switched to on.

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Batteries came in sealed packet, inserted on receipt of player last Friday.  no obvious damage to remote.  Bought tv at same time so swopped tv remote batteries (also new in sealed packet) into player remote but still no change.

0 Likes
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @Foxed

We have just had a look and we can see that a more up to date version of software is available. 

Do you have access to a computer? You can download the update on a computer, then place it on a USB stick and install it on the Bluray Player.

The update file can be downloaded from here.

0 Likes
Foxed
First Poster
Options

Thank you for suggestion, have downloaded onto usb (hopefully) but due to not being able to access home screen because of problems with remote, can't find any means to install.  Just inserting stick hasn't brought up any suggestions on screen.  Can you explain how to do this in these circumstances please and I'll have another go tomorrow.

0 Likes