Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 26-04-2018 11:19 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
_soundlover81_
Student
Options

@loadinglevelone: Wow, that solution works for me too. I deactivated Samsung Quick Start and CEC-Auto-PowerOff on my TV an configured my Logi Harmony as you described, inserted some short breaks so that the TV has enough time to handshake with my BOSE Soundbar. Now the HDMI-ARC-Connection with CEC-command works fantastic. That's absolutely stable. So, obviously there seems to be a problem with the CEC-Auto-Power-On-Off which not happens in the right moment, so that the connection between AV and TV is lost. I hope Samsung can fix this with an update even for older models like mine (HU6900). 

kraM1t
Explorer
Options

If you can somehow tell Samsung the fix they might fix it with an update. But. Customer service never passes anything on and I can't find a way to get in touch with the guys who are in charge or do the actual updates. 

0 Likes
NewSmartTVUser
First Poster
Options

John,

I have a similar issue but little different. I am able to connect the ARC and get the sound from  Yamaha Receiver speakers when I play Netflix or Amazon Prime or my cable box(Connected directly to TV). But When I connect additional devices to my receiver 2 things happen

1) The TV is not able to reconize the device connected to receiver and show me the screen. Even if you go through the connection set-up on Smart TV.

2) If I connect the device directly to the TV. I get the video but not the sound either from receiver speakers or TV speakers.

What is the $95 work around you implemented?

Thanks,

john022662
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I purchased the Caavo Control Center. This is hardware and a remote that has allowed me to get my Samsung QLED, Onkyo AVR, X-Box, Samsung 4K Blu-Ray/Streamer, Roku, and whatever I want to use (had a Cable Box for a while) to work flawlessly together.

However, I do not use the Samsung TV Apps and really only use the Samsung TV as a Monitor and for sound (if I want). This takes away the need to use the ARC and any of the HDMI-CEC functions the TV was trying to do.

All components with exception of the TV and AVR are plugged into the Caavo input, the Cavvo output is plugged into the AVR (using one of the many inputs on the AVR), then the AVR is pluggeg into the TV (any HDMI).

The Caavo controls them all and I get Dolby Atmos, 4K HDR, or whatever functionaly is available.

One remote that can work with everthing and I have had no issues.

The Caavo was $95 from Amazon. If you do not have an App Device/Streamer (like Roku) you will also need to get one.

Thanks,

John

OPENATION
First Poster
Options

Yes I agree with you.......... I am so p****d that Samsung has not done anything to solve this issue. Pardon my French but they are ***** &8&)(j0j0U(..........

0 Likes
Skypalace
First Poster
Options

@_soundlover81_ wrote:

@loadinglevelone: Wow, that solution works for me too. I deactivated Samsung Quick Start and CEC-Auto-PowerOff on my TV an configured my Logi Harmony as you described, inserted some short breaks so that the TV has enough time to handshake with my BOSE Soundbar. Now the HDMI-ARC-Connection with CEC-command works fantastic. That's absolutely stable. So, obviously there seems to be a problem with the CEC-Auto-Power-On-Off which not happens in the right moment, so that the connection between AV and TV is lost. I hope Samsung can fix this with an update even for older models like mine (HU6900). 

This looked intriguing, perhaps a solution finally, as things DO seem to work if my receiver (in my case) is never powered off.  However, I can't find a way on my Samsung Q70R TV to disable CEC power off, in the manual the only way to stop turning off external device is to fully disable CEC.  It doesn't appear to exist on my receiver side (Pioneer VSX-LX303) also (ignore CEC poweroff commands and stay turned on).

Does anyone know a way to disable CEC power commands?  Or even fuily disable the power button on the Samsung remote?

So I can use a universal remote, which I have, but it's not family friendly - it'll be impossible for everyone (but myself) to remember that it's ok to use the Samsung remote, but never use it to turn on or off the TV, just use it to control everything else.

For a receiver situation, the whole point of CEC is to be able to use a single remote, have same volume control for remote sources (satellite which comes in through the receiver in my case) as well as Samsung Hub apps (Netfilx etc).

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options

A bit of an update, my brother borrowed my Chromecast Version 2.0 for a few weeks, and I realised the soundbar stayed connected the entire time. All the TV has plugged into it now is Tivo V6 HDMI1 and Soundbar in HDMI 3 (ARC)

So what's the issue here? Chromecast is confusing the CEC function on startup? Anyway to disable CEC just for the Chromecast?

0 Likes
SameSungCringe
Apprentice
Options

So sadly I'm not the only one in this case.

I bought a Samsung "Dumb TV" that doesn't know how to ARC with my AVR.

There is my post. And all the email support basically told me that there is nothing they can do.

Samsung developers have definitely no idea on how to integrate standards technologies without making fool of themself.

never by Samsung stuff. They should keep doing washing mashing and leave the home theater business 

Tariq229
First Poster
Options

Hi

I faced the same issue for several months and fortunately solved the problem recently.  My TV is a Sumsang 75" 4K QLED and my AV receiver is Onkyo 4K receiver which is connected with BOSE home theatre sound system.  Following are the steps that I did to solve the issue. 

Step 1 (most important): Change the HDMI cable connecting between TV ARC HDMI (port 4) and AC Receiver ARC HDMI out (main). The HDMI cable has to be HDMI 2.1 with eARC capability (NOTE: not just ARC). Why not HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4?! I have no idea man. All I know HDMI 2.1 worked but the others didn't.  

Step 2: Turn on your stupid TV

Step 3: Find the AC receiver Icon in the menu bar, and select the option named "Connection Guide" and then select HDMI trouble shooting. Follow the instruction step wise. And here you have to select the port that is causing issue (HDMI port 4 / ARC port of the TV). Once you select HDMI port 4/ARC port, then Turn On the AC receiver. In this step, the TV is going to prompt you whether you are seeing the picture and hearing the sound through you HDMI port 4 or not. Turn on something those are connected to your AC receiver, like PS4 or BlueRay player using your AC receiver remort. When you start seeing picture in the prompted box as well as sound from AC receiver, then press YES (TV remort) and finish this step. So, in this point you are seeing picture at your TV and sound through your AC receiver using one of your connected devices (PS4/DVD) at AC receiver. Please, don't do anything with your AC receiver at this point. Don't even touch the AC receiver remort. 

Step 4: While your DVD/PS4 is running at your TV, Select Netflix (or something) in your TV using TV remort. You will see that the AC receiver options changes from DVD/PS4 to TV automatically. and TV Netflix sound is coming out from your AC receiver. 

Make sure that both of the TV and AC receiver HDMI options turned to ARC enabled. 

And Enjoy ARC sound for the first time. Thanks 

0 Likes
SameSungCringe
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for your help!

i solved my problem returning my SmegsungTV and I choose instead a Sony TV

using the same HDMI 2.0 cable

all is working fine now

Don't buy Samesumg c**p