Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 26-04-2018 11:19 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Vargas007
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Same issue than your with a Samsung TV UE65MU9005 connected to a Pioneer receiver VSX932

Anynet+ is working on and CEC is actived on the Pioneer receiver, and sometimes I cannot control the volume anymore, it disconnects and the TV does not recogize my Pioneer receiver anymore.

1 Solution is to unplug/plug the tv.

Otherwise I have been recommended disconnect anynet+ on the TV, thento configure the remote, will try it tonight 

Motta33
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for feedback. As I said, this problem goes on and off with no apparent reason.

Sometimes ARC disconnects itself and then i very patiently setup everything again, disconnect and reconnect cables, also I setup only my receiver with no tv box, in order for the system to recognize it. Then later i setup the box with the remote.

Once, the TV even recognized the model of the receiver and asked me if i wanted to use it. When I said yes, then the reply was that it couldnt connect... and immediately in the sound options the receiver disappeared leaving only TV sound and optical.

Really its frustrating.

john022662
Pioneer
Options

Hi Motta33,

This is a very similar problem I am having with a Samsung QLED 75" TV and an Onkyo Receiver. I've talked with Samsung Customer Support, worked messages with Samsung Technical Support, and today had a service technician to my house.

He called via phone what he called "Top Engineers and Technical Support" people withing Samsung and the final outcome that I was given....   "Samsung TV's, the ARC, and HDMI-CEC are not totally compatible with any non-Samsung system. To the best of our knowledge, there is not a Home Theater Receiver that our systems are totally compatble with. The problem you are having is well known but still not addressed and fixed by Samsung Engineering". The best advice we can give is to complain and in the mean time, install an Optical cable from the TV to the HT Receiver and forget about the ARC and HDMI-CEC capabilities until this is fixed. Or.... you could do the System Reboot evertime the problem occurs and have it work for a little while".

This is what we are dealing with using 2018 Samsung North America TV's.

I'm not happy.

Have you made any progress on your system?

Thanks,

John

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , similar problem here with my Amazon box , select the box in the menu and it turns on , I can go to access kodi and it then looses connection and comes up " plug in the device " etc .... I've turned off cec control in the Amazon box to see if it fixes it , I have tried new cables etc 

MatyasCZ
Journeyman
Options

Hello. I have the same problem as you. So far I have not been able to remove it too.
I have the Samsung UE75MU8005 tv model connected to the Pioneer Receiver VSX-LX302.
Thank you Matthias p.s: perhaps it will be new firmware

soulpeter
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my 2017 QE55Q8F and my NAD T757 Receiver with VM130 module to enable CEC/ARC and 4k. I've had a support case running with NAD for the past 8 months thinking the issue was with the receiver. But now we've exhaused all options there and confirmed that the NAD Receiver works as it should with LG and Sony TV's, but not with my Samsung Q8F that keeps dropping the HDMI-CEC connection intermittently. It can drop it after several hours or it can drop after just 15 minutes or after I've had it on mute, there's no logic behind it. And ARC does not work at all, never have. I have to run an optical cable to get any sound what so ever.

How can it be that Samsung still hasn't addressed this issue and fixed it? Surely they must be able to fix it with a firmware update. NAD has issued several firmware updates during these past months but nothing from Samsung...

I've had Samsung TVs for the past 13 years. But this will surely be my last one unless this problem is fixed.

Triorbonk
Apprentice
Options

I just bought the 82" QLED Samsung and the Pioneer VSX-LX103 receiver.  The CEC seems to work but my problem is that there is no sound so I assume that HDMI ARC is not working properly.  I have not resorted to using an optical cable yet as this will lower the advanced features I have paid so much for.  I will update the post as I find solutions or more problems.  

john022662
Pioneer
Options

All,

I've still not solved this issue with my 75" QLED Samsung and Onkyo Receiver. 

However, I do have a work around that cost me $95 and gives me all functionality that I need and all advanced sound options.

Essentially, I only use the TV as a monitor and do not use any streaming or tuner functions that need to come from the TV. By using a Roku for all streaming services and routing all incoming signals to the receiver, I get perfect sound and perfect picture. My DVR, tuner, streaming system, Blu-ray, and X-Box all go through the receiver and then to the TV. I configure all sound to either be from the TV speakers or the Receiver speakers and never try to get sound signals from the TV via ARC. I'm actually much happier since I gave up solving this issue and worked around it.

It would be great if Samsung could solve the issue as I would have to turn less things on, but somewhat given up that they care or are even working the issue.

Best of luck,

John

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@john022662 wrote:

All,

I've still not solved this issue with my 75" QLED Samsung and Onkyo Receiver. 

However, I do have a work around that cost me $95 and gives me all functionality that I need and all advanced sound options.

Essentially, I only use the TV as a monitor and do not use any streaming or tuner functions that need to come from the TV. By using a Roku for all streaming services and routing all incoming signals to the receiver, I get perfect sound and perfect picture. My DVR, tuner, streaming system, Blu-ray, and X-Box all go through the receiver and then to the TV. I configure all sound to either be from the TV speakers or the Receiver speakers and never try to get sound signals from the TV via ARC. I'm actually much happier since I gave up solving this issue and worked around it.

It would be great if Samsung could solve the issue as I would have to turn less things on, but somewhat given up that they care or are even working the issue.

Best of luck,

John

It's not solved it's a work around. The TV should work as advertised not for you to buy additional kit to make it work. This seems a very rare issue so sounds like a fault with TV and if that is the case I do not think there will be any fix from Samsung apart from repair. Have you reported this to your retailer,  and requested a fix?