Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 29-12-2019 01:31 PM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
cmannen
Journeyman
Options

Actually, got the HW-Q90R soundsbar yesterday and now it works, so in my case it might have been my old receiver which could not cope.

So far so good and quite impressed with this soundbar

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options

@cmannen Have you left it in standby all night yetthen tried to resume the next day? People with that soundbar are still having this problem according to this thread over AR

0 Likes
cmannen
Journeyman
Options

Yes probably in standby. Just turned of by tv remote. Just like the tv, you can't actually turn it of any other way can you? No power button. 

so far just works. Switching off with remote. 
am I doing anything wrong making it work 🙂

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options

@cmannen Haha no I'm glad it's working. Mine works too when I switch the TV off with remote and turn it back on within an hour or two, it's when it's been in Standby all night like 8-10 hours then I turn it back on with remote it de-syncs

0 Likes
cmannen
Journeyman
Options
Mine was standby overnight and was still paired this morning.
Hope it stays that way. Will report back in few days and let you know if it has stayed that way.
xxcrazyczechxx
First Poster
Options

I also gave up and plugged my optical in. The question I have is should I leave the hdmi plugged into the ARC port or use another port? I dont want my video to degrade because of a messed up port.

0 Likes
Onefinerico
Apprentice
Options

I left mine in and ran the optic. Streaming from my blu ray or my fire stick or what have you, goes through my receiver using the midi arch cable.  When I stream from my smart tv it's going through the optic back to the receiver.  That's what I believe is going on.  I haven't had any sound problem since.   

0 Likes
SH11
Student
Options
Haha, funny to see same topic, same issues like I had in 2010 after buying Samsung TV UE55D7000. It's ridiculous that giant like Samsung can't create stable firmware after a decade.
I bought another Samsung TV Q75 and I have exactly same issue. It's a disaster. HDMI-CEC suddenly stopped working. Factory reset didn't help.
cmannen
Journeyman
Options
Still works for me. Have notices that i loose the connection now and then when i go from youtube to tv-decoder. I then quickly switch to audio over wifi and then back to ARC and all good.
Overall seems to be stable 🙂
0 Likes
_soundlover81_
Student
Options

I have the same issues with my HU6900 from 2014 trying to work with a Soundbar 500 from BOSE over HDMI ARC (HDMI 4). I already lost some nerves trying to fix the problem. Nearly every day at the same time after 24 hours of working, the connection between my TV and my SB 500 is lost and I have to do the reset procedure again. If it is lost sometimes the Anynet+ is down and causes other failures e.g. in my CI+ detection. Until now I really cannot understand why the connection is lost. I already cancelled the CEC-Function of my other devices on HDMI by using a Lindy-Blocker but that not seems to be the solution. If the connection between TV and Soundbar is established, it works, but if you shut down the TV you have to pray that it still works. That's really annoying. I'll give a try to you recommendation with the Power-OFF-ON Order. I use a Harmony System, so I can adjust it. If Samsung not fixes the problem for the whole series, my next TV won't be a Samsung again. It's really annoying.