Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 13-11-2019 01:21 PM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
guarddog13
Apprentice
Options

It's interesting that certain devices cause this issue to have more problems than others.  When i had a fire stick plugged into my tv this happened maybe once a week or every other week.  I bought the new Nvidia Shield and it became a daily and sometimes hourly issue.  I got to the point that my tv is just my monitor now.  My reciever has six 2.2 HDMI ports... so it just handles all audio and sends the video to the tv. I have a harmony hub so CEC is basically useless to me except when using ARC. Because im no longer using ARC i just turned it off on the TV.

This TV is getting relagated to the bedroom and I'm buying a Sony for our main TV next week. 

guarddog13
Apprentice
Options

Granted let me say that I struggled to purchase a different brand and still haven't completely made up my mind. The new TV may still end up being another Samsung. Not one company puts out a longer lasting TV with accurate white balance, contrast and color replication like Samsung does. When calibrated I would put any tv against my many Samsungs over the years and the Samsung would have best picture, hands down. With my receiver and not needing ARC I'm part willing to deal with it just because of this. 

0 Likes
jjimi
Journeyman
Options

Seems there is no rea "fix".  I have no idea why they don't put a TV volume control audio output like many electronics did for decades. The only way I have foubd to overcome it is hold down the power switch on the remote untill the TV turns off and back on, That resets ARC/CEC connection through the HDMI connection.  Seems Samsung could do much better with this problem, their TVs had had this or very simuilar issues with sound output for years. 

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options
You can also just go Settings > External device manager > Anynet HDMICEC off then on, then the Receiver will appear in the Audio section again
0 Likes
decadentdave
Journeyman
Options

Since I can’t get ARC to work from my Samsung TV and I can’t get the Disney+ app on my Samsung bluray player to watch The Mandalorian I am forced to go and purchase an Apple TV just so I can watch it and get surround sound to my receiver through HDMI.

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options
Yup best option is to just get another brand now and steer clear of Samsung for everything
0 Likes
BaTMaN_07
First Poster
Options

I tried that one, it didnt work out too. After I connect hdmi arc cable Samsung hw-r650 soundbar to Samsung NU8000 tv, then connecting hdmi ps4 to NU8000 tv, and then connecting hdmi  local Digiturk(BEIN) pay tv operator to NU8000 tv. Everything works fine, soundbar shows ARC tv.  And when I  shut down in a row (i read in this topic, it's important ) ps 4, pay tv, tv and lastly soundbar. Then I power on firstly Samsung hw-r650 soundbar, then tv, then pay tv. But arc connections is lost. No sound from soundbar.

Trying Anynet HDMICEC off then on is also remains same too.

0 Likes
gibonart
Apprentice
Options

No order should ever matter! That's why anynet function has been invented for. No matter which device you turn on/off, all linked should be turned on/off. Usually all devices now support to be controlled over hdmi.

My struggle is now over. I switched to LG and everything works as it should. Not a single issue in 2 months now!!! Not a single restart

Loadinglevelone
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Frustrating as h##l!

Brand new 7105 TV. Soundbar randomly cuts out. First time I managed to get it working again by turning Anynet+ on and off again. Today I cannot get any sound from the soundbar at all. 😞

Seriously Samsung! It's about time you acknowledge this as a genuine issue and fix it!

0 Likes
Onefinerico
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue vary aggravating