Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 06:07 PM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
eriksenthomas
First Poster
Options

I guess Samsung don't have any plans on fixing this.. I recommend going for a LG or any other "Android" TV. I have already replaced bouth my Samsung TV's with LG and it's a whole new world. Everything works great and I now have the Twitch app again. Finally :face-with-tears-of-joy: I think alot of people choose to buy Android TV's because of the Twitch app..

0 Likes
AndyNZ
Apprentice
Options

Honestly I'm not sure why Samsung even hosts this forum as they don't appear to be active at all. One would hope that they at least check up on it from time to time to help them address quality issues but perhaps I'm being too optimistic and they just want us all to support each other - quite a cost effective model.

Either way, I'm satisified with my solution for the time being. I'll pay $10 for an AC plug timer to reset my TV nightly vs buying a brand new TV any day of the week. Not sure anyone else has bothered to try this workaround though, as when I read new posts it typically looks like people haven't read a single other post in this thread and are really just here to vent.

By the way @eriksenthomas, are you aware that LG's smart TV platform is not Android? It's called WebOS and originated from Palm and HP before LG acquired it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebOS

I might also add that if anyone with a Samsung did want Android TV then definitely look into the Nvidia Shield - it's a fantastic device and you don't have to be in the US to use it.

0 Likes
decadentdave
Journeyman
Options
Shouldn’t have to put your system on an AC timer period. Also your solution may work for you but not for everyone else. Everybody has different components and home theater setups. There have been several different solutions proposed here but not everyone has had luck with them simply because their systems and components are configured differently. If Samsung would investigate the issue, determine the root cause and offer some kind of firmware update to fix it (if possible) that would be the best and easiest solution but the fact that this has been an ongoing issue for about a year now tells me they have no intention of supporting their customers or previous models of their products.
0 Likes
phl
Student
Options
I recently bought my Q60 65” because it has built in DirevTV Now app(recently rebranded ATT TV Now), built in Apple TV app and Apple Airplay to allow direct streaming from an iOS or MacOS device. Those 3 features may not appeal to everyone, particularly those who aren’t Apple consumers. I love everything about the TV. It looks amazing and has a very easy interface and remote.

But this HDMI-CEC and ARC issue is a huge problem. I bit the bullet and now use an optical cable. I have no problems using the TV remote to turn on/off the TV with the Onkyo receiver and audio is correctly routed via ARC to the receiver.

I continue following this thread via email alerts hoping to see the Samsung has addressed the issue, but that doesn’t seem to be the case yet.
0 Likes
Bruce5
Student
Options
I am doing the same resetting every 2 days for mine to work, this is so annoying and frustrating. I expected much better from Samsung.
0 Likes
gibonart
Apprentice
Options

I returned my Samsung UE75NU8002 back to the dealer. Purchased LG 75UM7600PLB and everything has been working like a charm ever since. 

I will never return back to Samsung unless I decide to get rid of speakers.

0 Likes
Anjerlaan
Journeyman
Options

I have a QLED 55Q70R (2019) and also a Yamaha RX-V685 receiver.

Anynet+ is acting strange...however I managed to get TV Audio over HDMI-CEC/ARC. Although I can only select a PCM stream in the audio settings of the Samsung where Dolby Digital and DD+ options are greyed out.

The sounds of the Samsung Smart menu are probably in stereo (PCM), so It is difficult to check whether the audio stream of a Netflix movie has more options because there is no option to view/change the audio settings while whatching Video Apps.

1. Is your HDMI cable connected to the HDMI4 (ARC) port of the TV and the HDMI Out 1 (ARC) port of the Yamaha? Otherwise no TV Audio via HDMI-ARC is possible.

2. Does the Samsung HDMI port recognizes the Yamaha RX-V685, or does it say Unkown HDMI?

I had this problem for a short while that the TV did not recognize the name of the Yamaha (RX-V685)....I dont know how I got it back to work again, but I also did a reset of the TV.....maybe no. 3 was the issue...I use a Logitech Harmony 650 to control and there I changed the order of turning the devices on...

3. Since you want the Receiver to be the HUB (control centre) it should be turned on before TV and other devices, TV last.

Although TV Audio working, I still have other HDMI-CEC issues. I cannot turn of the TV, when I only want to listen Audio from one of my attached HDMI devices (e.g. radio apps on the Mediabox of my TV Channel provider)...after a few seconds the receiver looses the HDMI signal...when I turn on the TV again the signal returns.

This issue I didn't have with the recently replaced old Panasonic TV with VieraLink(=HDMI-CEC) on...so i guess Anynet+ must be the problem here also.

Please Samsung....modify Anynet+

jjimi
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung Q65 bigscreen and a Pioneer VSX-1131, both brand new ....... the HDMI-CEC/ANYNET is worthless. The only way way to keep it working is unplug the TV, wait a minute, then plug it back in. Great for wall mounted TVs eh? Samsung sheds no light, just points fingers.  Won't make this mistake again, other folks sell TVs. 

0 Likes
jjimi
Journeyman
Options

Those "extra fetures" appear to be just in the selling side, service side just points fingers and says too bad

0 Likes
jjimi
Journeyman
Options

but somewhat given up that they care or are even working the issue. I HEAR THAT!

0 Likes