Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

battery recharger

(Topic created on: 08-09-2016 02:56 PM)
quicklyjanet
Apprentice
Options

I need a portable battery recharger to charge my phone while i'm out.  they've got something called 'mAh' with different numbers. What does it mean, and what number do I need? I have about £20 to spend on one if that makes any difference.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AdamH
Explorer
Options

Hi Quicklyjanet,

It's a great question, the mAh stated on any battery is a way to measure the charge capacity.

If for example you had a Galaxy S7 Edge which has a 3600mAh, and you wanted a portable battery charger that would fully charge it. You would of course need to look for one that is at least 3600mAh.

There is another consideration, alot of the Galaxy range supports Fast Charge. I would reccomend a portable battery that supports this or at least a 2.1amp output. This just means it can release the charge into your device quicker. The alternative is 1amp output which is much slower.

You can go here amd filter to Battery to find the official Samsung range.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories

Im going to leave you with something else, have you tried the power saving options built into your device?

By swiping down from the top of the screen (may need to swipe down using two fingers) you should see a "Power Saver" option. Long press on this option to open a menu dedicated to power saving settings.

Hope this helps with your request.

Adam

If you find this useful, please hit the like button 🙂
quicklyjanet
Apprentice
Options

hi adamh,

thanks. I have an s6. how do I findout what MaH that phone is to make sure I pick the right charger? 

0 Likes
AdamH
Explorer
Options

The S6 has a 2550mAh battery built in

:smileyhappy:

Adam

If you find this useful, please hit the like button 🙂
0 Likes