Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Security policy restricts use of external SD card

(Topic created on: 24-10-2017 09:54 AM)
Dirkj
Apprentice
Options

All of a sudden, my S7 Edge stopped recongising the SD Card (no china direct a legit one). I took it out, restarted the phone, and replaced it back in. Now I get a message when I try to Mount the SD card which says "Security Policy restricts the use of SD Card". But I have no idea how to get round this or what to change.

I select - Settings > Device Maintenance > Storage > 3-button-top-right-menu > Storage Settings >

This then shows the Internal Storage, and below shows "SD Card Unmounted" under external storage.

I click on this and select "Mount", which then gives me a message in a grey box saying: "Security Policy Restricts the use of SD Card"

The phone/card has not been dropped or exposed to water. There are no updates pending. And I have tried swapping my SD card to my partner's phone and vice versa, and both work the other way around. Help?????

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @Dirkj do you have an exchange account as that can create the issue you describe.

DRUID DOODE

View solution in context

Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

@Dirkj I don't use one so I'm not too sure I would of thought if you had one it would be there.

Try and think of any thing you did different after you were last able to use your card.

Although the issue you mentioned is no other sites an answer is hard to find for that one 

Hopefully one of the other members will see this thread and catch up as they have more knowledge than I

DRUID DOODE

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @Dirkj do you have an exchange account as that can create the issue you describe.

DRUID DOODE
Dirkj
Apprentice
Options

I´m not sure. i don´t see a exchange account between all of my accounts in setting. does it have another name or is it really exhange account, because if it is than id don´t have one..  @DRUIDDOODE 

edit: or do you mean microsoft exchange? because I have 2 of those...

@DRUIDDOODE wrote:

DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @Dirkj 

A couple of results came up on xda developers site and the exchange account came up as a possible cause.

Another option that was suggested was to go into settings and then apps and then the three dots in the top right hand corner and then reset apps permissions.

DRUID DOODE
Dirkj
Apprentice
Options

Hey Druiddoode,

I resetted the app preference but I think it changed nothing.. but the exchange accoutn shall I remove them or what can be the problem from those?

Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

@Dirkj I don't use one so I'm not too sure I would of thought if you had one it would be there.

Try and think of any thing you did different after you were last able to use your card.

Although the issue you mentioned is no other sites an answer is hard to find for that one 

Hopefully one of the other members will see this thread and catch up as they have more knowledge than I

DRUID DOODE
Dirkj
Apprentice
Options

Hmm okay, well thank you very much even the problem isn´t solved but we tried!

BIG EDIT: all of the sudden my SD-card start working. so u just removed my whole exchange thing and now it works again. Massive thanks DRUIDDOODE

DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

@Dirkj result,glad you sorted it out.

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes