Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card trf

(Topic created on: 09-06-2018 07:32 PM)
bell1
Journeyman
Options

I am in the middle of transferring all my 'stuff' from 32gb memory card to 64gb one - due to lack of storage on my s7 edge.

I first tried putting everything onto flash drive and then moving to new card - unsuccessful.

2nd attempt - downloaded memory card to PC - Apple i mac - then plugged in card reader with new SD card and copied and pasted to the new card. Seemed successful till I put new card back into phone and none of the files were there 😠 . At the same time the available memory on the card doubled!!

How would you have undertaken this operation?? Spent 2 days on it and still not complete.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bell1

These are some options found on the Net. 

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2376919/move-files-card.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-2545604/move-data-card-samsung-galaxy.html

https://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/344126-changing-larger-capacity-sd-card-how-t...

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

bell1
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the info - will study them when my brain has woken 😗 xx
Solution
Arrow22
Explorer
Options

I have a S7 Edge 935A wife ran out of room so added a 64g mem card.

Same deal as you.  transferred data to card - cannot see it.

Then I figured it out.

this is only for movies and pics

1. Format card as a portable device

2. Connect phone to a computer (I am using Windows)

3. Open the "CARD" part of the phone

4. You will see an Android folder.

Create a new Folder called DCIM

Now you have 2 folders Android and DCIM

The card now mirrors to Gallery.

Anything you move from phone/DCIM to card/DCIM will be available in Gallery (and not using the 32g of the phone)

DO NOT MOVE CAMERA!!!!!   That is where NEW movies and pics go.

Any Albums you have are folders in DCIM and the pics/vids assigned to that album have been moved from Camera to that album.

Moving the Folder(aka Album) to the DCIM folder on the card will keep it visable to Gallery

MOVE the folder do not COPY.  That can have unpredictable effects and is faster.  

Depending on how much is in the folder, it can take a min, and it seems like it stalls the computerso be patient.

Start with small albums first then go to bigger ones.  (it fooled me when I started out)

I believe that when you add to an Album on the card, it will auto-Magically move the pic/vid from 

phone/DCIM/Camera to card/DCIM/Album

Let me know if this is true as that would mean that the card would be the primary storage FOR THAT ALBUM and not the phone.

I think any NEW Albums created will have to be moved to the card like we did here but again, not sure.

ATT S7
SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
Solution
bell1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Arrow22.

Sounds like you have your problem sorted.

Mine was solved when it was discovered that the new memory card was counterfeit!

Such a waste of energy and time 

Arrow22
Explorer
Options

That Suks, Hate the Chinese stuff

Sometimes American is bad as well though

ATT S7
SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
0 Likes