Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ fast charging with led cover

(Topic created on: 27-04-2017 05:59 AM)
Jules999
Student
Options

I have an S8+ with led cover and a desktop fast charger.

When leaving phone (with led cover on) on the charger, the charger blue light doesn't always stay on.

Does the cover interfere with the charging process as woke up this morning and only had 64% battery charged.

Seems to defeat the pointof a permanent cover if you have to remove it to charge the phone properly.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers1
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,

Which Desktop Fast charger are you using ?

If it's last years 2016 model then it's been noted on other forums that this can pose an issue with the s8+.

Personally I was wondering if the charging coil in the s8+ is further up the phone so not connecting with the charger correctly.

Some have said turning off the live wallpaper has helped.

If your using the 2017 official Desktop charger then I'd be thinking of going back to source to swap it out.

I assume just using the charging cord only charges it ok ?

If your using a 3rd party Desktop charger then it could be incompatible with the s8.

I've watched a YouTube review of that case and the reviewer does say his s8+ with case on charges fine on the 2016 & 2017 samsung official Desktop charger.
My Current Phone > Samsung Galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F. {XEU}
Jules999
Student
Options

I'm using the official charger pre-ordered with the phone.

Charging straight via cable is absolutely fine .

With the led case I need to leave the phone on the charger with the case flap slightly open.

Also the charger makes a whirring sound. Is this normal?

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Jules999

Most transformers (chargers) will make some sound though it's natural process but if you feel it is to loud (in consideration to other chargers) it would be best to visit a samsung store to get it checked out. :smiling-face:

TerryD64
First Poster
Options

I have the S8 +LED cover and the latest Samsung stand charger(leather look) My phone will charge with no problems,put phone on stand blue light comes on fully charged blue changes to green.

This is with the cover closed.

I have heard there is a fan in the charger but not sure..mine however does not make any noise.

I do know if the phone gets hot then fast charge will pause.

Your problem may be your phone is not sitting on the charger correct,then gets hot or the charger gets hot,fast charge is paused fan turns on.

You can check by feeling both the phone and charger next time you charge.

Some poeple have said there S8 has to be side ways to charge again not so with mine it will charge both ways but must be in the middle.

The phone only has a small area on the back that recieves the charge.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TerryD64 The charger should have venting holes at the back so when your phones settings have been toggled On for fast charging when you place the phone on the charger then fast charging should be displayed on the phones screen and if you place your ear to those venting holes you should hear a faint whir of the fan. If you do not see the notification on screen and hear the fan and your fast charging is turned on in the phone thrn there's something wrong. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TerryD64
First Poster
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@TerryD64 The charger should have venting holes at the back so when your phones settings have been toggled On for fast charging when you place the phone on the charger then fast charging should be displayed on the phones screen and if you place your ear to those venting holes you should hear a faint whir of the fan. If you do not see the notification on screen and hear the fan and your fast charging is turned on in the phone thrn there's something wrong. 

Not realy sure why you are telling me this as you can see from my post I AM NOT having any problems.

I am aware there are venting holes on the bottom of the charger but why I would want to sleep with my ear on there to hear the fan troubles me.

In my post I said there is no noise coming from my charger as the OP says there is making a noise.

Also if you read my post I was talking about using the charger with a Samsung S8 LED cover on it so you can not see the display on the phone as the screen is covered by the cover.

The fan in the charger is not supposed to be loud so your not suppiosed to hear it if you can then that would mean there is something wrong.

Also if I could see my screen show fast charging through my LED cover then that would also mean there is something wrong.

So in fact you can tell the phone is charging by the fact the blue light on the charger comes on when ou place the phone on it, and when the phone is fully charged the light goes greeen did I not say this in my previous post.

It is a good job I know my phone and charger are fine or I may be running to the Samsung shop to return it and look *****.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm just trying to help you by saying the desktop charger should make a faint whirring sound if listened to carefully.

I was concerned if you couldn't hear anything then the fan may have stopped working thus not helping to cool the phone down when fast charging. 

I've re read my reply and I've not suggested in any form that you sleep with your ear on the fan  !

Have a great day. 

0 Likes
TerryD64
First Poster
Options
What about being able to see fast charging displayed on my device when I have an LED cover on the phone.
Why are you telling me I should be able to see it on my display ?
Would be very confusing information for a NOOB who was looking for help.
You can not see your display with an LED cover on it.

Also you should not be able to hear the small fan in the charger unless it is working to hard or it is faulty so again why give that information out.
Yes if you put it to your ear you may hear it but if it is sitting on a bed side table you should not hear it.

The OP of the this post says there's is making a noise so I was telling them why it may make that noise.
If your going to give people information at least make sure it is correct before doing so but would be best to read what they wrote before you post.

Never mind you may earn a new badge if you just keep replying.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Rank and badges hold no interest for me personally. 

Like I said have a great day. :smiling-face:

0 Likes