Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ clearview cover scratches my screen

(Topic created on: 21-08-2017 04:22 PM)
Jsoto89
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had the same problem with their Clearview? My cover keeps scratching my screen on the same part where the circle is on the cover. This is the second s8 plus that this has happen to15033289045911672081213.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
Reaster
Student
Options

Yep, I have the same issue. The only place that's scratched, is right where that ***** circle is. Could someone please explain the point of the hard plastic circle?

DVP
Student
Options
yes i have the same issue with mine as well and i have escalated it to SAMSUNG. Actually if you look at the back panel where the camera housing is you will also see scratches there.
0 Likes
danb1039
Apprentice
Options

Have the exact same problem, wouldnt mind but the case cost me 50 pounds from carphone warehouse!!!! Useless. We all know how much the price depreciates on a phone if there are any blemishes on screen.

danb1039
Apprentice
Options
P.s i think the plastic bit tells the screen that the case is shut
danb1039
Apprentice
Options
The plastic circle tells the screen that the case is shut i believe
Jsoto89
Apprentice
Options
Yea it's Maddening
0 Likes
Jsoto89
Apprentice
Options
Keep us updated on what they say
0 Likes
Jsoto89
Apprentice
Options
Exactly I wouldn't care as much either but I paid $60 for the case and it's a Samsung brand case at that.
0 Likes
Grego
First Poster
Options

Yes mine has scratched also. Looks like it may be the earlier cases as the new ones seem to have the plastic part more indented.

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and over the last week ended up with a crack in the screen too. Looks like it started near the plastic and I think also related.

they tried to tell me it wouldn't be covered as crack wouldn't be covered. I said fine just fix the mess the cover did and I will then deal with the crack. 

They said no then the crack would be fixed also. What the ????

So that is my issue is it. ??

See what happens but it looks like a design fault Samsung are aware of and changed the covers accordingly, but not telling perchasers of the early model covers.

0 Likes