Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Led case not working.

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 08:03 AM)
Kuresi
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After recent software update my led cover has stopped working. Tried reboot and app update.

Suggestions please. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kuresi 

Is this the official Samsung Galaxy S8 View Cover? Where did you purchase it?

0 Likes
Kuresi
First Poster
Options

Yes its original Samsung led cover.

0 Likes
Kuresi
First Poster
Options

I purchased it in phone shop in Riga, Latvia where they sell original Samsumg phones and accessories.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kuresi 

Try removing the cover and then carrying out a soft reset on your phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts. Then try the cover again to see if this has made any difference.

0 Likes
ish68
First Poster
Options
hi, I live in the UK and noticed my genuine LED case on my Galaxy S8 was not working and thought it might be the LED Icon Editor app that works with it, but I don't want to uninstall it, as I can no longer see the app in either the galaxy or play stores.

I'm disabled and found it really useful and noticed the new cases available, but only for the S10 & S20 versions.
0 Likes
Bexhill-Dave
First Poster
Options
My experience... I've just renewed my case as it was old and tatty, decided to take the old one apart, theres two thin ribbon cables that connect the LED display to the circuit board, they'd both broken, I'm guessing constantly opening and closing the case causes the cable to weaken and break.
0 Likes