Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 : CLEAR VIEW : NO CLOCK SINCE LAST UPDATE

(Topic created on: 11-06-2019 11:23 AM)
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Always on display does not work properly on my s8 since the last update of May 2019.

Even if set to permanent display, the clock disappears 5 seconds after closing the clear view case.

After many searches, or changes in settings, it does not work.

I notice many other users with the same problem (see the last comments on the google "Samsung Always on Display" apps, for example the user "Rv Geho"), so it must be a bug from the update.

40 REPLIES 40
Marfo
Apprentice
Options

Is there any schedule regarding new version release on XEO? We still don't get update with fixed AoD.

Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

So, Samsung are still selling the clear view case and it doesn't work. Here in Australia that is contrary to our consumer protection laws.

Please supply an estimated fix date.

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

Also happening since the update:

* Flashlight turns off when clear view cover closed.

* Lock screen randomly appears while phone is in use.

Does anyone from Samsung actually read these posts? Seems like we're pis**ng into the wind.

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

Just got off the phone with Samsung support.

Totally useless! They say this issue is An isolated incident. Then they say they have many reports of it. Then they say they have lots of customers who say it's working fine. Was waiting 20 minutes for a supervisor to get in the line and they hung up. Called them back and they said I'd been told I'd get a call back. Told them to check the recording because I hadn't. Another backtrack. Just totally full of lies lies lies. 

0 Likes
Lydon
First Poster
Options
Hi All,
Just updated to version G955FXXU4DSE4/G955FOXM4DSE4/G955FXXU4DSE4. After update both AOD and the torch are working in a normal way as they worked before a bug.
0 Likes
Marfo
Apprentice
Options
Finally, Today XEO also received update. For now everything looks good.
0 Likes
mucci
Student
Options

I have not yet received a May update for S8+ from O2. Any prevision?

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

I've been speaking with Samsung support and they have been as helpful as always, which means not at all!

They don't monitor this site and they really have no idea what's going on. They are simply unwilling to give any estimated ETA for a fix.

Sorry I can't provide any news.

0 Likes
mucci
Student
Options

Thank you very much for your attention and response. Sansumg, like many other manufacturers, creates an "official" forum and then does not give any support. It seems like it's already an official strategy for non-support. Thank you anyway.

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

I've found that they tend to respond when reviews are left on product review sites rather than manufacturer forums such as this.

In my case since I'm in Australia, I've notified Samsung that as they're still selling the clear view case in the knowledge that it does not do as advertised, they are in breath of Australian Consumer law and that I will be taking the matter further. Their response was a virtual shrug off the shoulders. They simply don't care.