Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 : CLEAR VIEW : NO CLOCK SINCE LAST UPDATE

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 05:16 PM)
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Always on display does not work properly on my s8 since the last update of May 2019.

Even if set to permanent display, the clock disappears 5 seconds after closing the clear view case.

After many searches, or changes in settings, it does not work.

I notice many other users with the same problem (see the last comments on the google "Samsung Always on Display" apps, for example the user "Rv Geho"), so it must be a bug from the update.

40 REPLIES 40
Solution
apamadar
Student
Options

I'm satisfied with the latest update a few days ago. AOD clock works again, torch lits a long time after closing the cover. Happy.

MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Same here, i've done all update, and now it work again :smiling-face:

Thanks everybody for the contributions in this topic, i mark it as solved.

God bless you.

0 Likes
Datarolf
Apprentice
Options

Fixed by latest update available here in Stockholm June 1st. Thanks!

Eyrok
First Poster
Options

My phone did the update but the problem is still there for me.
In Switzerland, last update 1rst june  2019

0 Likes
Onken
Apprentice
Options

I manually flashed the latest firmware and now everything works gr8 as before. Gj samsung

0 Likes
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options
I think you need to do all update, then turn off you phone, wait 5 minutes and turn on your phone (and take a look in the option if Always On Display is ON and Permanent).
0 Likes
exipno_agathi
Student
Options

It's all up to date, restart has been made twice  ,but still nothing here in Greece 

0 Likes
spikegifted
Apprentice
Options

My wife and I both have the S8 and we use the same carrier in the UK. Despite that, we do not receive update messages from our carrier at the same time. My wife's phone notification typically arrives a week or so after mine.

I lost my Always On clock after the latest update. When I saw that, I made sure my wife does not carry out the update despite prompting. Her Always On clock is still working perfectly fine. 

I am still waiting for the fix, even though a couple of our friends here claiming updates being available in their respective countries. I am still holding my breath. Until I see an update and I am still suffering from the poor update. 

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

This is the "solution"?

It was the latest update that caused the problem! Perhaps you could let us know what the latest update version is that fixed it?

0 Likes
Datarolf
Apprentice
Options

There are a number of version types listed on my phone: Android version 9, base version 4.4.111-16019454, Compile version: PPR1.180610.011.G950FXXU4DSE4.

Hopes this helps!

Rolf J

0 Likes