Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 : CLEAR VIEW : NO CLOCK SINCE LAST UPDATE

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 09:06 AM)
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Always on display does not work properly on my s8 since the last update of May 2019.

Even if set to permanent display, the clock disappears 5 seconds after closing the clear view case.

After many searches, or changes in settings, it does not work.

I notice many other users with the same problem (see the last comments on the google "Samsung Always on Display" apps, for example the user "Rv Geho"), so it must be a bug from the update.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
apamadar
Student
Options

I'm satisfied with the latest update a few days ago. AOD clock works again, torch lits a long time after closing the cover. Happy.

View solution in context

40 REPLIES 40
goldie1
Journeyman
Options
Hey! Same thing happened to me on sunday on my S9 and sview cover. I litteraly tried everything and Samsung is telling they haven't be warned for this problem I am almost glad I am not the only one
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply dude, I hope Samsung team will do something. 

0 Likes
goldie1
Journeyman
Options
Of course! Let's keep updated although after 3 days I think I can tell that the problem is not coming from the case but from the last update
0 Likes
Wolfysm
First Poster
Options

Same here though samsung support chat said take to shop for a fix if possible - doesn't sound right to me. They should be removing/ changing the online shop to airbrush out the time off the clearview case photos until they get a fix for the system update 😬😬😬

0 Likes
spikegifted
Apprentice
Options

I have just finished the latest update to my S8 and "Always on Display" disappears after I close my Clear View case cover. I managed to get around it the last time in the phone's Settings. This time round looks like Samsung has actually broken something rather just switched it off.

The Clear View case is nice piece of kit, but with "Always on Display" disabled, I may as well use a leather case.

apamadar
Student
Options
I had the same issue with my s8+ / clear view since the first update in May, and remained after the current one few minutes ago. annoying.
0 Likes
e0vyna
First Poster
Options

It`s the same with s8+. I have tried a lot of things... nothing helped.

0 Likes
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

I just do the last samsung update, and you know what ?

NO CHANGE 😐

0 Likes
Nullen
First Poster
Options

Same here, there has to be some bug. There is an option "Don't show when cover closed" in AOD and it doesn't work. 

0 Likes