Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S view after oreo update

(Topic created on: 13-06-2018 07:42 AM)
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else not able to make calls or take photos whilst using the s view cover after updating to oreo?  

It was really useful to be able to take photos with the cover closed and have a small screen to view the picture. After this update my 20 quid phone cover is pretty useless. How do you downgrade??

71 REPLIES 71
Rudiment
Journeyman
Options
Yes!
I hope ours messages will read somebody from Samsung team!!!
hvaleton
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Today I updated to Oreo on my S7 and the S-View cover that I received today has shown the phone and camera shortcut icons on the s-view screen for only a few hours, i.e. before the update!

I have been serching the settings for hours for a setting that would give me the icons back, but no success so far.

Samsung should give us back this functionality asap!

Rudiment
Journeyman
Options
I have answer from support Samsung, but it's didn't help:
I understand that after updating your device to Android Oreo, your Galaxy S7 S-view cover now is unable to take a photo or call when the lid is closed. Have no worries, let's get this sorted out for you.

1) Remove the S-cover to your phone carefully and turn off your device. While the phone is off, gently put your phone inside the S-view cover and then turn on your device after. Try to take a photo or receive a call to check.

2) Perform Settings Reset.

1. From the home screen swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap General management.
4. Tap Reset.
5. Tap Reset settings.
6. Tap RESET SETTINGS again.
7. Tap RESET SETTINGS for a third time. Your device will restart for the changes to take effect.

3) Let's start your device in Safe mode by following the below steps:

1. Hold down the power button to bring up the power menu.
2. Tap and hold the Power off option.
3. Tap Safe mode.
4. The device will restart. Safe mode will now display in the bottom-left hand corner of your device to confirm that Safe mode has been enabled.
To exit out of Safe mode, simply turn your device off and on again as normal.

4) Clear cache partition

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the volume up, power and Bixby buttons at the same time.
2. When you feel the device vibrate, release only the power button. Continue to hold the remaining buttons.
3. A blue screen will now appear. When you see this, release the remaining buttons. (Note: You may have to wait around 30 seconds for the Android recovery screen to appear.)
4. Use the volume down button to highlight Wipe cache partition and press the power button.
5. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes and press the power button.
6. Press the power button on Reboot system now to restart the device.

I look forward to your response. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us again. We will be
happy to assist you.
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

I take it no success then

Rudiment
Journeyman
Options
I know. 😞 This update to Oreo has killed a many features from the Samsung. such a feeling that it's just pure/clear android features from Samsung .
SeriousRico
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my S7 Edge, after the Oreo update the S-view screen doesn't show any messages only icons. It is not possible to change this in the settings. Problem is that the clock now takes up 2 lines instead of 1.

Please Samsung change this, really annoying now the cover is useless.

LFFL
Apprentice
Options

Same thing for mi this week with oreo update... 

C est inadmissible !!!

LFFL
Apprentice
Options
Idem for mi.😤😡😠
0 Likes
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Had a call from technical support.  They remotely controlled my phone to go through settings.  Turns out they think that the functionality has been removed as not enough people use it. Their suggestion was to go on Twitter to samsung and raise the point that people do use it......🤔

0 Likes
LFFL
Apprentice
Options

C'est vraiment pitoyable... J'ai renvoyé un message à samsung france et je les appelle demain dans la journée et si pas de solutions de trouvée,je revends mes téléphones et tablettes samsung et je passe à une autre marque...

En tout cas merci pour votre retour.

Bien à vous 

0 Likes