Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Left earbud sound issues

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 06:27 PM)
DoodleDog
Apprentice
Options

I bought some second hand galaxy buds a while ago and it was all going fine. However I've noticed that the sound from my left bud is barely noticeable. I can hear the beeps from the buds if I tap them to play or pause and they're responsive however I can't hear anything. I had a problem with the audio before and just changed the wing tips and that fixed it but it hasn't worked this time. I've looked through this website and have found similar results but they've returned the buds and my warranty ran out ages ago! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @DoodleDog! What device have you got the Galaxy Buds paired with? Try cleaning them to remove any obstruction with a soft toothbrush or a piece of cotton. Also, make sure that the Galaxy Buds are fully up to date by heading on the device to: Galaxy Wearable app > About earbuds > Update earbuds software > Download and install. 

DoodleDog
Apprentice
Options

Hey @CarloL I'm using a fairly old Huawei phone however I have paired these with a new Nokia phone (Android 10) and it didn't change anything. I also checked and there's no possible update additionally I reset the buds with no change. I tried cleaning the buds with some cotton but that hasn't done anything either. I can hear very faint music when my volume is on two bars however I have my right buds on that and the sound is perfect! I don't know whether it's an issue with sound imbalancing or just the left bud maybe?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @DoodleDog. It might be best if an engineer inspects your Galaxy Buds. This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
DoodleDog
Apprentice
Options

Hey @CarlH would they have a look at my Galaxy Buds even if they're not under warranty? Or might they charge me for looking  that becausethem ey're not covered

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DoodleDog 

It would be worth checking this with the Service Centre directly. Their contact number should be on the link previously provided.

0 Likes
Solution
DoodleDog
Apprentice
Options

FIXED THEM!

If anyone is experiencing the same problems email Samsung help directly (it's on the official Samsung website under Help). After a few emails back and forth about possible problems with the buds they decided it's be best to send them in. A courier arrived shortly after and within a week my buds were returned! The Samsung tech support people were really useful, only thing is I'd liked to have know what had happened to my buds as all they did was send me a brand new pair of galaxy buds with nothing else (no note of what went wrong or even that they replaced them).

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

You'd have to give our Support Team a callback for that info., @DoodleDog. They should be able to find out for you.

0 Likes
Jizzl
Student
Options

This works! I've had that issue as well but I just cleaned both ear buds with a baby wipe and soft toothbrush and the sound in my left bud came back! Thank you! 

0 Likes
Elvinn
First Poster
Options

I having a similar issue where my left earbud sound is much quieter than the right earbud can you please help

0 Likes