Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy SM-J600 FN: Can't move any apps from internal storage to SD card

(Topic created on: 03-11-2018 04:32 PM)
Galaxy3000
Student
Options

Hi everyone

Wondered if anyone can please help? Problem with my Galaxy SM-J600FN. 

I can't move ANY apps, including those already installed on the phone and new ones I've put on there myself, from the internal storage to the SD card. When I open an app, say Facebook, there's literally no option to move it to the SD card. The weird thing is though, when I open an app that was already on the SD card (put on there when the SD card was in my old phone), there is the option to move it to the internal storage. 

UPDATE ! 

Oh hang on... just looked at the Ebay app and it's saying it's on the internal storage but it's also showing the option to move it to the SD card. That's the only one (app) I've found so far though that's giving the option !!!!!

The SD card is fine with plenty of space left on it. 

Any ideas or suggestions?!?!? 

Thank you :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TracyR
Options

Hey @Galaxy3000

A lot of apps now don't allow you to move them to external storage simply becaue the data need to be saved on the phones internal memory for everything to work correctyl

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Galaxy3000
Student
Options

Thanks Tracy ! I wondered if that might be the case but it just seems weird not being able to move any of them even a funny snooker game I've put on there....

Oh hang on... just looked at Ebay app and it's saying it's on the internal storage but it's also showing the option to move it to the SD card. That's the only one I've found so far though !!!!! 

Thanks again :smiling-face: 

0 Likes