Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 plus clearview case not locking phone

(Topic created on: 29-05-2017 04:43 PM)
Pej
Student
Options

Hi

I can close my phone's clearview cover and it displays the clock, but when i open the cover again the lock screen is not displayed, and i can after my phone without any authorisation.

I think started happening after the most recent update.

Anybody else? Is this a setting I've inadvertantly changed?

10 REPLIES 10
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Depends on what settings you have. If You have lock instantly with the power key enabled. It should lock your phone when you press it. Opening the case once pressed should show the lock screen. I've the Clear View case for my S8+ and it still works fine. You can check your accessories settings under advanced features WHILST the case is attached to see if they're settings you can change that will help.
AdhamAttia
Student
Options

I am facing the same problem with my S8 plus and clear view cover

Did you find a solution?

AdhamAttia
Student
Options

I am facing the same problem with my S8 plus and clear view cover 

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Grez19
First Poster
Options

Is Bluetooth on? 

0 Likes
DaSpider
Apprentice
Options

Lock screen and security > Secure lock settingsScreenshot_20181004-070220_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Pej
Student
Options

I want the screen to lock immediately i close my cover.

This is not an option.

There needs to be a "lock instantly when cover closed" option to compliment the power key instant lock option.

0 Likes
Jaghya
First Poster
Options

Any update?

0 Likes
Gusknust
First Poster
Options

I've got the exact same issue after the last update.

All my settings are correct:

》lock immediately

》no smart lock mode on

Etc. but the cover will only lock the phone after the clock fades out. While it is still on, my phone is unlocked for anyone who wants to pick it up and take a look.

That's pretty frustrating as I don't want to be always having to lock it by pressing the power button. The clear view case worked just fine till the update. All I had to do was close the cover and, clock display or not, the phone would be locked.

High time Samsung fixed this!

Albert80
Apprentice
Options

This problem is most likely from the last update. A friend of mine has the same problem. I'll keep you updated if I find smth new. 

0 Likes