Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 edge LED cover

(Topic created on: 25-08-2017 08:41 AM)
AdrianB
First Poster
Options

Has anyone else experienced a failing (LEDs stopped working) LED cover for the Galaxy S7 edge?  I reported it at the beginning of December and all I get back are holding e-mails.  Trying to phone in only results in 30 mins of music.

Are these covers only supposed to work for a couple of months?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
pauls270966
First Poster
Options
hi, had the same issue. I ended up doing a factory reset on my S7 edge and all has been fine since.
0 Likes
Katycruel
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem but I am too scared reset my phone!

0 Likes
AdrianB
First Poster
Options
Paul
It is the cover that is not working not the phone. No amount of phone resetting will ever bring the cover back to life. Samsung have now refunded me.
0 Likes
AdrianB
First Poster
Options
Samsung have now picked up the non-working LED cover and have promised a refund.
I do not think that resetting your phone will have any effect on a non-working LED cover. When it dies, it dies.
0 Likes
DGH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem - Is there a factory reset? Only had my cover four months 

0 Likes
AdrianB
First Poster
Options

Samsung gave me a refund, so I suggest contacting the selling organisation for your LED cover right away.  I replaced it with an ordinary cover as I was planning to upgrade the phone, and now I am almost 6 months in with an S8+.

You should note that the small print only gurantees the LED cover for 6 months.  After that you are on your own.

0 Likes
DGH
First Poster
Options
Thanks for getting back to me Adrian - sadly I no longer have my receipt and the retailer won't accept my bank statement as proof of purchase. Samsung won't help as it's an accessory with no moving parts! So am left with an expensive cover with no featured
0 Likes