Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearview cover s8+

(Topic created on: 02-05-2017 09:16 AM)
Mandy1
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone.  Does anybody have the new clearview stand cover for s8+? I love this cover but always on display switches off after about 10 seconds when u close the cover! Has anyone discovered a way around this? Thanks guys. 

25 REPLIES 25
Byronswales
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know why my face widgets option for the clear view cover is disabled? , I get information for a few seconds when I close the screen or press the power button, But after a while it just switches to the clock with no information such as the status bar or notification icons.

Screenshot_20170805-102129.png

0 Likes
Kobrin
First Poster
Options
Mine does that too, not sure why... Oh and what's the circle on bottom left of the front cover for?
0 Likes
Chris_G
First Poster
Options

The circle is to detect when the cover is closed (Hall effect)

This case is a disapointement to me.  It is sleek, but I don't see why it is showing a different screen than the AOD.  

0 Likes
GoetschalckxN
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I have the Clearview cover for my Galaxy S8+. I'm using it for 3 months now. Unfortunately, I just noticed that the small round patch on the inside of the cover is giving small scratches to my screen. I checked the problem with a friend who also has the Clearview cover and although he has fewer scratches, we also found a small scratch in the exact same area. Because of this, I wanted to inform if you have other users reporting the same problem?

If needed I can provide pictures to support my information. 

Kind regards,

Niels

0 Likes
Waltrd
Apprentice
Options

I think I found a solution I had the same issue I think the magnet on the flip case interferes with the NFC where I did was Hi to the phone and I cleared the partition catch how I did that was I held the power button the Volume rocker up in the Bixby button Until the screen flashes blue let the menu come up and then go to clear partition catch and follow instructions What's the phone comes back on turn the NFC off turn it back on take the flip case flip it open so that the magnet is not touching each other then put the phone into the case that's how I got it to work see if that works 

0 Likes
Waltrd
Apprentice
Options
So much for gorilla glass Using a screen protector along with the case
0 Likes
GoetschalckxN
First Poster
Options

Small correction, I have a normal Samsung S8 (not a plus) with the corresponding cover. I just found a thread with people experiencing the same problem. Putting the link here for everyone interested:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/S8-clearview-cover-scratches-my-sc...

0 Likes
GoetschalckxN
First Poster
Options

To: Waltrd

Thanks for your reply. It would be sad if you need to disable NFC in order to fix this problem. I applied a temporary fix myself by using a plastic front cover. However, that's only a temporary fix, I'm still waiting for a solution from Samsung.

0 Likes
M2ar10
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem... 😞 pleas help me 

0 Likes
Prempeh53
First Poster
Options

Since my latest upgrade, about 2 weeks ago, I cannot have the LED information showing on the clear view cover. Subsequently I've also noticed that the notifications on the phone icon, basically the notifications of missed calls is also not showing. Can anyone advice?

0 Likes