Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Calendar notifications on neon flip cover

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 07:29 PM)
Lomyr
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Galaxy A8 with the official neon flip cover. It works well when I close it or when I have an sms / call / app notification, except (it seems) with the calendar: the (border of the) cover flashes as a calendar notification starts... and the cover doesn't stop flashing - and thus consumes the battery! The same happens when I set the calendar notification on discrete or so (except if I totally disabled it). Do you have any suggestion? Thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lomyr
Apprentice
Options

Eventually I found an acceptable solution: since even when I disable the Samsung Calendar Notification I get the neon flashing when an event starts, I just removed the authorisation for Samsung Calendar to access the calendar (in apps > calendar > authorisations). I am using the Google Agenda app thus it works! (But with no neon effect when an event starts)

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
rhaka16
First Poster
Options

how to setup for app notification?
my neon flip cover just blinking when call, text, alarm.

0 Likes
Lomyr
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

In fact it seems it does not work with other than call text alarm; for instance with WhatsApp it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Solution
Lomyr
Apprentice
Options

Eventually I found an acceptable solution: since even when I disable the Samsung Calendar Notification I get the neon flashing when an event starts, I just removed the authorisation for Samsung Calendar to access the calendar (in apps > calendar > authorisations). I am using the Google Agenda app thus it works! (But with no neon effect when an event starts)

Eadwine
First Poster
Options

Thank you for sharing that solution, even though it has been so long since you posted the problem. I had the same thing going on my A8 (just got it recently), that thing lighting and continuing to light up and I just couldn't find what was causing it. I just ran into your post, applied the solution, and I HOPE it will nice and dark now :winking-face: I also use Google Agenda, so.. nothing lost there. Also just removed the notifications on all future appointments, never used them anyway. Fingers crossed, and thanks again!

0 Likes